Discuss Waterproofing bathroom plasterboard wall in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Bit of a long one and sorry if this questions been answered before.
DIYer here. Planning on tiling the upper half of a bathroom wall over a bath to install an overhead shower. It’s a 5ish year old new build and currently has a bath installed and is tiled to about half way up the wall, above the top of the bath. It’s a plastered and painted wall above plasterboard. Plan to remove/sand the wall the score before tiling on top to fix the overhead shower.
Unsure regarding waterproofing requirements. I’m assuming the current tiling around the bath will be waterproofed but will I need to for the upper half of the wall?
Found this product: Bostik aquaprufe flexible damp-proofer &waterproofer. It’s a fair bit cheaper than some alternatives. Would this be suitable to prep onto plaster before tiling? Can I apply tile adhesive straight on top of it? Would it need priming after waterproofing? (I have leftover SBR primer I can use).
Many thanks.

Reply to Waterproofing bathroom plasterboard wall in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks