Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Warmup insulation board in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

N

Nick85

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi I am currently doing my bathroom and before tile the floor had planned on laying 6mm warm-up insulation board directly on to my existing floor which is 22mm tongue and groove floorboards. Can anyone advise if ok to do this as there is little information to be found online.

jobdone

TF
Reaction score
There is a thread here about this but I'm sure that it needs to be 10mm on floor boards.
6mm hardy backer would be ok.
Are you having Under floor heating? If so I would go for the insulation board if height allows

OP
F

Flintstone

Your better off with 10 or 12 mm board if using warmup boards. Glued and screwed and taped joints

OP
N

Nick85

There is a thread here about this but I'm sure that it needs to be 10mm on floor boards.
6mm hardy backer would be ok.
Are you having Under floor heating? If so I would go for the insulation board if height allows
I had come across that just recently on the warm-up site however I have already purchased 6mm boards on flea bay so was hoping I may get away with it somehow. I'm also laying warm-up underfloor heating.

OP
N

Nick85

I have some 22mm ply. If I was to replace the floor boards with that would I get away with using the 6mm?

OP
Q

Qwerty

If there is no deflection (bounce) in the floor you should be just fine with 6mm in that situation. I have done countless installs that very way with no issues

OP
N

Nick85

If there is no deflection (bounce) in the floor you should be just fine with 6mm in that situation. I have done countless installs that very way with no issues
Phew sounds good to me!! No there is no bounce and it's only a 3 sqm floor. Just to clarify have you gone on to the floor boards with the 6mm or replaced with ply first?

OP
Q

Qwerty

Personally I have nearly always replaced with ply as I am usually fitting a wet room and ripping the floor up. I have done the odd cloakroom floor that way though with 6mm on T&G floorboards that were sound and solidly fixed. 10mm is recommended though as the others have stated.

Reply to Warmup insulation board in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock