Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Wall tiling to damp walls in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Howdy,

Just finished tile the walls of a large downstairs pub toilet which was suffering from damp.
I had a word with the boss man about that being treated before tile and was met with a " not effing about with that, this place has gotta be open by next week! etc etc.:rolleyes:
So all I did was primed the walls with neat SBR and fixed the tiles (with client supplied Focus own https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/...Yuk!)
How many days should I expect a call to come and pick the tiles off the floor??

Cheers

OP
C

Concept PHT

Should have sealed it with some damp proofer, explained that you cannot and won't guarantee the work and them get him to sign a disclaimer at the end of the job for no come back.

Then take the dough and p!ss it up the wall of his competitors pub down the road.

Job done.

I wouldn't have taken the job though, to be fair.:rolleyes:

OP
D

discoduster

Cheers for the reply,

Wouldn't have taken the job if it was private but I'm PAYE and have to do (to a degree) what I'm told.

Hoping to get more private tile jobs as time goes on. With the amount of materials I've half inched of the boss I should be able to put some rock bottom quotes in to start me off :p

Reply to Wall tiling to damp walls in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock