Discuss Wall Tiles on Floor?? in the UK Tiling Forum | Tile Advice Forum area at TilersForums.com

S

Sam_h

-
Reaction score
Hi Folks

Wanted some advice and thoughts on using a wall tile on the floor. The floor is a newly screeded floor.

The tile is a Porcelanosa ceramic tile 33.3 X 59.2mm (8.6mm thick) link to tile here

The spec sheet doesn't tell me the COF Rating (as its sold as a wall tile).

I know the general consensus would probably be no but wondered if in this case, this particular quality of tile could be used on the floor?

Thanks in advance, Sam

Dave

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Supporter
Arms
Reaction score
:)
Hi Folks

Wanted some advice and thoughts on using a wall tile on the floor. The floor is a newly screeded floor.

The tile is a Porcelanosa ceramic tile 33.3 X 59.2mm (8.6mm thick) link to tile here

I know the general consensus would probably be no but wondered if in this case, this particular quality of tile could be used on the floor?

Thanks in advance, Sam
Simply answer I wouldn’t. Its a soft white bodied wall tile. Not suitable for foot traffic

OP
S

Sam_h

-
Reaction score
Thanks Dave

I have an opportunity to get them quite cheap but wonder if it will be a false economy in the end. What's the biggest risk? them cracking? the floor beneath is solid and flat.

The technical sheets advises Breaking strength: >600 N (not sure is that's strong or not?!)

MECHANICAL FEATURES
UNE-EN ISO 10545-4-6-7-11
Breaking strength 1275 N >600N*
Crazing resistance Resists 3 cycles
Modulus of rupture 27.1 N/MM2 >=12N/mm2*
*ISO-13006:2018 UNE-EN 14411:2016

Thanks again, Sam

Dave

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Supporter
Arms
Reaction score
Thanks Dave

I have an opportunity to get them quite cheap but wonder if it will be a false economy in the end. What's the biggest risk? them cracking? the floor beneath is solid and flat.

The technical sheets advises Breaking strength: >600 N (not sure is that's strong or not?!)

MECHANICAL FEATURES
UNE-EN ISO 10545-4-6-7-11
Breaking strength 1275 N >600N*
Crazing resistance Resists 3 cycles
Modulus of rupture 27.1 N/MM2 >=12N/mm2*
*ISO-13006:2018 UNE-EN 14411:2016

Thanks again, Sam
They can be used but it’s a chance only you can take. Fully solid bed them and they might just be ok. The main issue is the wear on the face of the tiles. I personally wouldn’t do it.

Kevbos

Kevbos

Arms
Reaction score
Hi Folks

Thanks in advance, Sam
If you read the link you posted it says at bottom , it can be used as a wall tile .if you use it on the floor and it does crack etc you have no comeback .

Reply to Wall Tiles on Floor?? in the UK Tiling Forum | Tile Advice Forum area at TilersForums.com

Latest 10