Discuss Wall prep in the Tiling Forum | Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

uHeat Official Forum Sponsor for Underfloor Heating (Electric and Wet)
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
What member type are you?
Homeowner
Hi Guys. I have my downstairs loo to tile. 2 walls are going to be studed out so no issues there, however, one wall was only half tiled and half painted. I've removed the tiles and paint so half is now smooth plaster which is sound and the bottom half Ill need to render. No chosen the tiles as yet but wanted to go for 60x30 tiles. I don't think the wall is flat enough for these but the problem is the way the room is done the wall is directly next to the door frame, (not even an architrave). I have at the most 20mm to play with. I don't think I have enough room to D&D. and was wondering if I was to flatten the wall with BAL render would the plaster substrate, plus adhesive and tile, etc be able to cope with the weight? I don't really want to cut the tile around the door hinges. Any ideas or advice would be most welcome. Many thanks

UK Pro Tiling Training
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Reply to Wall prep in the Tiling Forum | Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Tiling Forum

Get free wall and floor tiling advice from TilersForums.com's Tiling Forum. Both DIY and professional wall and floor tilers use this forum to make sure their tiling is spot on.

Click here to support the forum/remove ads
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

Use TilersForums.com to find Tiling Jobs or your Local Tilers for free. Get tiling tools at the best prices via the forum.