Discuss Wall prep in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi Guys. I have my downstairs loo to tile. 2 walls are going to be studed out so no issues there, however, one wall was only half tiled and half painted. I've removed the tiles and paint so half is now smooth plaster which is sound and the bottom half Ill need to render. No chosen the tiles as yet but wanted to go for 60x30 tiles. I don't think the wall is flat enough for these but the problem is the way the room is done the wall is directly next to the door frame, (not even an architrave). I have at the most 20mm to play with. I don't think I have enough room to D&D. and was wondering if I was to flatten the wall with BAL render would the plaster substrate, plus adhesive and tile, etc be able to cope with the weight? I don't really want to cut the tile around the door hinges. Any ideas or advice would be most welcome. Many thanks

Reply to Wall prep in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks