Discuss Walk in shower area. in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Looking for a bit of moral support here. Asked by a plumber, who Ive done a number of jobs with, to tile a large complicated shower room/bathroom area. Usually not a problem but Ive turned up at the job today, they've left the original shower tray in, then laid ply up to and over the height of the tray. Ive then been expected to overboard the ply with 6mm Hardiebacker board, lay a heating mat and then self level it. It wasn't tanked but had some Mapei tape loosely brushed onto the joint between the tray and the ply. Ive seen the job and immediately brought up my concerns, thought about it for 30 seconds. then announced that I can't accept that as a starting point from a tiling point of view. I tried calling the plumber but he won't answer my calls so Ive had to text him. After 4 hours Ive still had no reply. I just need someone to tell me Ive done the right thing. I should have taken pictures but I didn't. Im going to lose a lot of work and my partner is concerned.

P

Perfect Tiling

As above....keep away from it. If the plumber ain't answering then he knows there's an issue. I would rather have no work on badly prepared jobs than have later issues bite me that may cause a bad name for my business or legal action that I can't afford....it's better to sleep easy than wake up every hour worrying....

Reply to Walk in shower area. in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks