Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Vitrex Pro 750 Bargain in the Tiling Tools - Tile Tools area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

mma

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Good price that! I've got one, but can't remember the last time I used it? Angle grinder does the job for me.

Reaction score
I'm the same. My wet saws never been wet for ages since I bought a cordless one and I stay dry... :), I just chuck the ats blades in and it's top job. Doubles for cutting metal trim to. But if I was in the market for a new wet saw. That's a good deal @moomarine

OP
M

moomarine

Good price that! I've got one, but can't remember the last time I used it? Angle grinder does the job for me.
What angle grinder do you use? 18v? I use an angle grinder for curved cuts but confuses me how people use for straight or L cuts over a table cutter? Do you cut dry and straight through in one pass and doesn't it make shed loads of mess (dust)?

OP
M

moomarine

I'm the same. My wet saws never been wet for ages since I bought a cordless one and I stay dry... :), I just chuck the ats blades in and it's top job. Doubles for cutting metal trim to. But if I was in the market for a new wet saw. That's a good deal @moomarine
As Iv said below I'm eager to hear about your meathods for cutting with angle grinder? I'm not in the market for the vitrex just saw it was cheap. Looking to get a Norton flexovit 200tt soon.

Reaction score
I'd go cordless if I was you if you get a grinder. Real easy to move around. I carry a back up cable one to. I use the ats 115 blades dry on ceramic about £5 and for porcelain I use a marcist blade about £40. I cut outside but if you have the coin to buy an extractor and a shrouded grinder they say it works a treat. Shame I'm a poor northerner who can't afford such things.........:(

OP
M

moomarine

I'd go cordless if I was you if you get a grinder. Real easy to move around. I carry a back up cable one to. I use the ats 115 blades dry on ceramic about £5 and for porcelain I use a marcist blade about £40. I cut outside but if you have the coin to buy an extractor and a shrouded grinder they say it works a treat. Shame I'm a poor northerner who can't afford such things.........:(
It's alright I'm skint too atm! I would like a nice Dewalt 18v grinder though! Are you able to cut through the tiles in one pass or do you have to go over multiple times?

OP
M

moomarine

Where do you get the ats 115 blade for £5?

mma

TF
Arms
Reaction score
What angle grinder do you use? 18v? I use an angle grinder for curved cuts but confuses me how people use for straight or L cuts over a table cutter? Do you cut dry and straight through in one pass and doesn't it make shed loads of mess (dust)?
Makita 240 volt. Score first, cut and snap. I do my cutting outside.

Reply to Vitrex Pro 750 Bargain in the Tiling Tools - Tile Tools area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock