Discuss vinyl tiles in the Floor Advice - Flooring Forum area at TilersForums.com

M

michaelb4348

any of you guys here laid vinyl tiles???? need some info if anyone can help

A

Ajax123

TF
Arms
Reactions
862 6
Wot you laying them onto....and wot type of tiles are they - karndean....amtico etc etc.

P

Phil Hobson

TF
Reactions
230 1
Last time I laid vinyl, was about 30yrs ago. Things have changed since then, a lot easier than porcelain etc.:thumbsup:

B

Benny Tiler

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Is it the square sticky back style ones that homebase, etc sell? I spent Monday and Tuesday laying those down.

If so, the instructions on the packet were quite good. Floors needed priming first. Your supposed to leave them in a warm room for 24 hours before fitting. The floor has to be mega flat.

I cut them by scoring them with a stanley knife and snapping them. Also scissors worked for trickier cuts.

I used the paper from the back of the tile to smoothe them down. If a bit didn't stick at first, I rubbed it loads with the paper and it stuck (I think I heated the glue up a bit).

Hope this helps.

M

michaelb4348

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
basically they are vinly tiles and they will be stuck with the tubbed gear on to a wooden floor now i need to know what notched trowel to buy as i know they are very small nothches and what adhesive to buy as its timber etc. as soon as i know more i will post.

Reply to vinyl tiles in the Floor Advice - Flooring Forum area at TilersForums.com

New Threads (Sitewide)

Top Bottom

Use TilersForums.com to find Tiling Jobs or your Local Tilers for free. Get tiling tools at the best prices via the forum.