Discuss vinyl tiles on bitumin in the Floor Advice - Flooring Forum area at TilersForums.com

U

Unregistered

Hi
I've looked at a previous thread on your forum re tiling over a bitumen floor. I want to do the same thing - the bitumen is a damp proofing layer I think and I've been advised that it's safer to leave it in tact and cover it rather than disturb it because it has very little asbestos in it. The previous thread recommended a screed of portland and SBR but didn't say what mix - can anyone tell me? Also, I would like to put down vinyl tiles and wonder whether this will be a suitable base for the vinyl tile adhesive?
The more I google the problem the more confused I get and so I'd be really grateful for some guidance.
many thanks

TileFix Direct
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
D

DHTiling

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You must be logged in to see the message.

Reply to vinyl tiles on bitumin in the Floor Advice - Flooring Forum area at TilersForums.com

TileFix Direct
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks

Use TilersForums.com to find Tiling Jobs or your Local Tilers for free. Get tiling tools at the best prices via the forum.