Discuss Vinyl over vinyl in the Floor Advice - Flooring Forum area at TilersForums.com

B

Bryanb

I realise the standard advice is remove. I want to lay vinyl tiles over very well fixed, flat, good condition vinyl tiles. Is there a suitable adhesive please?

T

tfs

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
you should realy remove the tiles as Im sure you are aware.

I installed polyflor vinyl tiles on the full ground floor of my home when I first moved in. I installed this over laminate floor as a temp measure until I could do each room in the house one at a time.

This floor actually stayed down for two years before I had time to get the house as I wanted it.

I used a tub of stycobond f44 that a mate had in his van and this did the trick.

You need to make sure the floor is completly flat, if you have used feature strips etc on the origonal tiles then there is a chance that they will shadow through the new floor after a period of time.

Reply to Vinyl over vinyl in the Floor Advice - Flooring Forum area at TilersForums.com

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Floor Advice - Flooring Forum 1

New Threads (Sitewide)

Top Bottom

Use TilersForums.com to find Tiling Jobs or your Local Tilers for free. Get tiling tools at the best prices via the forum.