Discuss Victorian tile restoration in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Tibbj

TF
Reaction score
I have problem and would like some help or advice. We have a victorian home in Saint John NB. At some point, the homeowner carpeted over a beautiful victorian black and white marble floor in the portico. I tried everywhere to figure out how to remove the mastic stuck on the floor. So today I used furniture stripper and that is working, any advice on what else I should be aware of or what else I could do? Thank you for your help

Wayne Brown

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Multi solve cleaner is a good product and is harmless to most surfaces there's no fast fix solution a sharp scraper and elbow grease. Kop

Screenshot_20190906-061230.png

D

Dumbo

It's often just a case of finding what works to clean off your problem as cleaning is normally specific to what you're trying to get off rather than the tile , always test in an inconspicuous area first to make sure it doesn't damage the tile first , but do not use any acid based products on marble as it will ruin it as it will dissolve the surface .

Reply to Victorian tile restoration in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks