Discuss Victorian Mosaic - Logo in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

T

Time's Ran Out

We tiled a large property 12 months ago and was asked at that time to look at the side entrance porch - I bought all the mosaic + additional materials - set it out and designed the 'Name'.
Then we were away working for a couple of months and heard nothing!
'I'll keep it in stock'

NOVEMBER IMPORT 052.jpg

Today the call came and they are ready now for the entrance to be tiled - looks like I'll be working from home for a few days when I finally get down from Hadrians Wall!

If it progresses well I'll keep you updated -but don't hold your breath - these take time.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

This is pure craftsmanship TJ, pity its a dying art. I'm glad you have passed your skills on to your son.:thumbsup:

T

Time's Ran Out

This is pure craftsmanship TJ, pity its a dying art. I'm glad you have passed your skills on to your son.:thumbsup:

He's only into year 11 now so he'll have to do the cutting/preparation:lol:
Mind you this border was made by my wife/his mum and I just inlaid it on site!

R

Richard Edwards

Hello John

I know we have discussed Mosacis in the past and I am considering something similar.

What kind of backing mesh do you use and where can I source it from ?

Occasionally I have a Victorian Floor to do that requires mosaics [ ie Villeroy and Boch ] and sometimes an application in stone / pocelain that would lend itself to your kind of mosaic work.

I'm aware that you do a supply only and supply and fit service, but given the distance between NE England and South Wales, I might like to offer this myself.

Hope you do not consider it a bit of a cheek, - here and hoping

Richard

T

Time's Ran Out

Richard I'll PM you the details and my information costs:lol:
The Pen Shop was for Regents Street, London and our Co. were just commisioned to make it to their template and for fixing by others!

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

I'm just trying to imagine, if the TF set up a tiling contractors Co. The talent on here would be Awesome. World wide:thumbsup:

T

Time's Ran Out

Update : started preparation today in workshop.
Set up border template for a couple of sample pieces to get customer confirmation this evening as to colour/design.:thumbsup:

Reply to Victorian Mosaic - Logo in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks