Discuss Vans being broken into petition in the Business Advice, Tilers Van Insurance etc area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

O

One Day

When the crime is easy and worth the risk, well, it's worth the risk.
They're generally not investigated and the punishment is laughable if caught.
Far easier to extract money from other sources imo.

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Vans are being broken into in supermarkets and leisure centres in broad daylight in my area.

I had all my power tools taken whilst unloading tiles into a house, that’s a matter of minutes away from the van.

The best thing you can do is add deadlocks to your van, it’s a visual deterrent so they move onto the next one.

O

One Day

IMG_20181109_154710.jpg I should have had these installed when I got the van! Now, if they manage to beat the lock and this one, the dead locks won't open up.

O

Old Mod

I’ve just come from a site where the agent had a pretty smart set up I think.
He welded a false bulk head 3/4 of the way down his van and then did this to the back. It’s where he keeps all his valuable kit. It’s got a camera too.
I’m sure it won’t suit every situation, but it looks like a good starting point.

678E7487-94EB-4E3B-AA1A-01BDF9B26A12.jpeg 58F030DC-244C-4E1E-BA47-79DB901B731C.jpeg

He’s done it all himself, he'll be cleaning up the welds and painting it.
The two bolts go down thro the chassis.
It’s hinged at the top and lifts up like any other tail gate.

W

Waluigi

I can’t have a van that I can’t stand up in. Once you get a high roof there’s no going back

O

Old Mod

I wish we could simply electrify the doors!
A painful shock would deter the toe-rags.
You should see what they do in S Africa haha
It’s mainly to prevent car jacking, but I’m sure it could be adapted.
See if I can find something.

Reply to Vans being broken into petition in the Business Advice, Tilers Van Insurance etc area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
voltage2688
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks