Discuss Using skinny tiles, best layout in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new here, been reading loads of posts and getting some great tips.

I am tiling the three walls around my bath to the ceiling using skinny tiles that are 6cm x 24 cm, laying them in a vertical pattern. Then with a border around the room.

Do the same rules apply for layout as with larger tiles. I have attached a photo of the exact tile and layout.

Is it best to have an equal height tile from the top and the bottom of the bath, then take the border around the room from the height of one the whole tiles, like I have posted in the second picture. This seems to look visually more correct to me? Does the visual line always start at the bath, and not for instance, above the sink?

Regards,
Michael

Tiles.JPG

Tiles_Layout.JPG

Reaction score
Nice Tile.
IMHO ... It’s what looks visually correct ‘to you’.
You have to live with it ... you’ll see it more than anyone else.
I’ve given customers options explaining what the size of a tile would be meeting the ceiling height, then the tile above the shower/bath then the floor tile ... and they usually surprise me ... but it’s their room.

Reply to Using skinny tiles, best layout in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
andymtl24
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks