Discuss Urgent - Advice needed on job in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Az123

-
Reaction score
Hi. Got someone in to do the bathroom. Could anyone give me some opinions on the tiling so far.

Top left tile fell off soon after guy finished and went. Middle one I tried to move after about 5 hours and came off easily. Last one on row also came off easily after 18 hours with same amount of adhesive stuck to it as others.

1. Thought the tile needs good amount of coverage of adhesive? Won't dot and dab cause problems?

2. Thought surface should be clear and not free from old materials that could peel?

3. Isn't tanking any wet areas the standard now?

4. Can the gaps at each end of the shower tray be filled with silicone and foam or should it meet the wall?

Thanks

IMG_20200618_203340.jpg
IMG_20200618_210619.jpg
IMG_20200618_203358.jpg
IMG_20200619_082742.jpg
IMG_20200619_082715.jpg

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Shocking.

I would suggest you get someone in who knows what they are doing.

Whoever that is doesn’t.

Az123

-
Reaction score
Thanks guys for your responses. If you don't mind, could you tell me why this doesn't look like a good job? Sorry I'm only a layman. Is it the things I mentioned such as dot and dab, uneven/unprimed surface, no suitable board/tanking? Thanks

Last edited:

Reply to Urgent - Advice needed on job in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks