Discuss Upgrading the forum in a few weeks in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll be upgrading the forum in a few weeks. Giving you a heads up now so by the time I do it, most regulars should know about it.

Comes with the ability to uploads videos directly into threads and posts. My server guy isn't too happy about that. Bandwidth will skyrocket. Ha

Due to the lack of trust of facebook and Google (YouTube) who datamine. We will be avoiding most of their services. And for ads, we will anonomize all your IPs and connection points. Like a VPS router would at home.

We will be removing the login using facebook Twitter and Google. So we keep your data with us.

Those of you in Facebook groups really need to consider what data you post on Facebook in general. It's freakishly weird how much they collect.

So this next change will largely be around securing your data with us. Never sharing it. And the immense amount of features the new software come with in the box is cool as hell. More on that later.

Hugs and kisses.

Dan and @Lou

T

Tile Shop

Cheers Dan. Nice to know we're being kept safe :)

With the video thing, will it still be possible to link youtube videos and stream through in a post like we do at the moment, or will videos need to be fully uploaded to the forum?

Reaction score
I'm a luddite only just learnt to up load pictures, but you've got to move with the times & it's good to see you have the safety & well being of you users at heart thank you!

F

Flintstone

Sounds interesting and nice to see some forward progression with the platform. I think Facebook is changing as people are fed up of oversharing.

F

Flintstone

Sounds interesting and nice to see some forward progression with the platform. I think Facebook is changing as people are fed up of oversharing.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Cheers Dan. Nice to know we're being kept safe :)

With the video thing, will it still be possible to link youtube videos and stream through in a post like we do at the moment, or will videos need to be fully uploaded to the forum?

You will still be able to insert URL's into posts too like with this one.

But it's handy for when you're on a job and can take a short video moving around each tiled wall or whatever, rather than needing to take several photos.

We will just block the IP's to Google / YouTube so they don't know who's visited here.

Facebook will never change. They sell data, to make ads fit into enough categories to sell data to for bulk.

I've just been looking in their ads section what I can select and target tiler wise for when I update the forum and need to anounce it on facebook but not on our page as we dont have one lol

I dont do facebook. :)

Reply to Upgrading the forum in a few weeks in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks