Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Update: Thousands of member accounts erased - whaaaaat?!?! in the Forum Improvement Suggestions area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
I've just erased all members that have not logged in at all since mid 2015, no matter what their post count.

And I've erased all users that have zero posts and not logged in since about a year ago.

So the system is just calculating the figures and doing some clearing up before I can give you a figure of how many accounts we now have (that I'd consider still active in some sense) but I can tell you that the first batch was over 2000 gone and the second over 1200.

I'll be back with the new member figure shortly. :)

Upvote 0
O

Old Mod

s12825.gif
[

OP
Dan

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
We had like 13,000 a couple of years ago but there were a lot of unused accounts. And if I didn't keep erasing them we'd have 47945 (the user ID of the latest member).

I've just got more strict with the cull.

It doesn't do us good when we email addresses that bounce etc so the most accurate up to date accounts only these days.

Worth noting it's no correlation to the traffic which over all has always steadily increased as the thread counts steadily increase.

We've pretty much got it in the bag now. As long as tiles exist and the internet does, we will.

OP
Dan

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I do it to them all regularly. We use Amazon AWS for email management and if we bounce loads we get penalised so I keep it keen. The sparks just has shed loads of members. Plumbers too but not as many as sparks. Flooring back online and contractor one will be too soon. Also launched a DIY forum a month or so ago and forgot about it and realised again the other day. PMSL

Starting to get the numbers back again.

OP
Dan

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
And those that just come on to see if there are any jobs to steal - them complain when the poster doesn't reply!
I clocked them lol. I'm sure the OP had replied to somebody because they'd been online a couple of times since and not posted so I assume PMing people.

Reply to Update: Thousands of member accounts erased - whaaaaat?!?! in the Forum Improvement Suggestions area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock