Discuss Up to skirting base boards or under? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Warthog

TF
Reaction score
Hopefully just a quick question. Kitchen skirting base boards are already on the kitchen walls and have been installed over the top of existing ceramic tiles. When the ceramic tiles are removed there will be a gap under the skirting boards.

1/ Should I cut the existing skirting boards with a multi tool to accept the new thicker tile?

Or

2/ Should I leave the skirting boards and tile up to them?

I imagine option 1 would be more useful as I can install with a gap for expansion all around the room but what would you guys suggest?

Warthog

TF
Reaction score
Ok, that will definitely look neater as I skimmed over artex wall covering, I’ll just tidy up the walls behind the skirting boards with plaster and install a smaller and more modern skirting board

Reply to Up to skirting base boards or under? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks