Discuss Universal Tile Sealer in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

L

Lcfclcfc

Has anyone used universal rapid all in 1 sealer, it states you can apply to damp tiles and grout which would speed up the job. Does anyone else seal the same day or do you do a moisture check on the tiles? Any sealer recommendations ? thanks

O

One Day

Apologies for not replying Local (I've been in Scotland, still no wi-fi!)
Yes, you can apply to wet / damp stone and grout. Slosh it all over, use as much as you like. Follow the directions and even if you leave residue, it can be cleaned off easily with a cloth soaked in the same stuff.
It's idiot-proof (why I use it) and very very good.
The new formulation doesn't even smell. The old one could knock you out!

D

Dumbo

Never seal and gro
Apologies for not replying Local (I've been in Scotland, still no wi-fi!)
Yes, you can apply to wet / damp stone and grout. Slosh it all over, use as much as you like. Follow the directions and even if you leave residue, it can be cleaned off easily with a cloth soaked in the same stuff.
It's idiot-proof (why I use it) and very very good.
The new formulation doesn't even smell. The old one could knock you out!
no wifi in Scotland ? Nicola sturgeon should say she's gonna sort that out in her manifesto

D

Dumbo

Just googled this and it says in the product description you can apply to damp stone immediately after installation and in the directions it says make sure the surface is completely dry and clean

H

hmtiling

Used it on slate for the first time yesterday. Cleaned first coat and grouted in a day. Very impressed with drying times and grout release after.

L

Lcfclcfc

If it can be applied onto damp tiles and grout would save loads of time instead of waiting days for tiles to dry, you cant expect the customer not to walk on a stone kitchen floor for days until dry, i will be trying the rapid sealer out, anyone else tried it?

Reply to Universal Tile Sealer in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks