Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Uneven just installed tiling job needs fixing asap in the Tiling Work | Tiling Jobs - Tilers Required area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Sophie

TF
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
I’ve recently had a bathroom wall tiled that isn’t as neat as I’d like and I need it fixing. Here’s a photo of the work. Hoping it doesn’t require completely removing everything. But if it does, I’d be looking for someone to remove and replace neatly ASAP. It was only grouted yesterday (Monday 1st April), hoping that might make it easier?

Many thanks

5E16F8B1-F805-4F0A-ACA5-9C0D0EB9D410.jpeg

acaciaguy

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Sadly it looks as though the substate wasn't good enough to tile on and they have tiled on it anyway. I would rip off and get that substate nice and flat. Will be easy to tile then

W

Waluigi

Impossible to say what’s involved until tiles are removed.

In your head it’ll be a simple case of removing the tiles, scraping off the old https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ and re tile.

In reality the tiles will end up in the skip, walls prepped either by plastering or re boarding. Tanking coat applied and then re tiled.

OP
S

Sophie

TF
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the wall was nice and smooth and level. He did a great job on the rest of the bathroom surfaces. I’m pretty sure he prepared the wall fine, but his tile skills just aren’t up to much. Not the end of the world but a shame when everything else looks great. Do you think anyone would take on removing the tiles and re-doing? I'll just have to pay for it. I'm heavily pregnant so not in a place to be doing anything myself.

Boggs

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Ah, wonderful...

T

Time's Ran Out

If your on good terms with him get him back because it’s absolutely rubbish!
It’s such a small job you will be paying over the odds to have it redone.
Get him to remove and repair and a Tiler to redo.

OP
S

Sophie

TF
Reaction score
Thanks for your thoughts everyone, what you’re all saying is making sense. Is there nobody who would take on the whole job of removing the dodgy tile, prepping the wall and re-doing? Is this the place where people are supposed to send quotes? Cos I haven’t had any offers! Or do people just not wanna fix someone else’s bad job?

Boggs

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Why are you not getting the original fitter to sort it?

W

Waluigi

I would’ve been happy to send a quote as I need to start doing more smaller jobs. It’s not my neck of the woods though. I only do work within 20 minutes of my house. Good luck with your search.

D

Dougs Third Go

did your tiler comb the wall with a notched trowel or did he put dabs of https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ onto the tile?

Reaction score
Thanks for your thoughts everyone, what you’re all saying is making sense. Is there nobody who would take on the whole job of removing the dodgy tile, prepping the wall and re-doing? Is this the place where people are supposed to send quotes? Cos I haven’t had any offers! Or do people just not wanna fix someone else’s bad job?

Reply to Uneven just installed tiling job needs fixing asap in the Tiling Work | Tiling Jobs - Tilers Required area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
flooringdemand
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock