Discuss Underfloor heating HELP!! in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

G

GMajor13

is the point here that the insulation can be over 100mm and 100mm is minimum requirement? therefore add more insulation as already stated?
No the point is the concrete must be 100mm and the top of the dpc as you can see from the photo is 100mm from dpc.

G

GMajor13

IMG_1402.PNG
it can be achieved in either way in which case as no concrete has been poured could I change the build up. Could I screed the floor above dpc level with underfloor heating in?

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Give me a call on Monday and I will go through it with you and draw you up a NBS spec. Imperial iS quite right 50mm insulation and 50mm screed is find for anhydrous. Concrete iS NOT a requurement if the. My number is 07966651006.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I suppose the only issue may be I have already installed 100 insulation
Why? You're allowed to put some more in if you want to....

Basically

Sand blinded well compacted hard core
1200gauge DOM
Insulation (depth and grade according to need)
Minimum 500gauge slip membrane
Underfloor heating
Minimum 50mm Gypsol XS screed

As I said. If you want a NBS spec for the architect and buildin control call me on Monday and I will sort it for you. Simpler. I will even sort out some installers for you to get prices from.

Reply to Underfloor heating HELP!! in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
voltage2688
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks