Discuss Underfloor heating had bubbled vinyl floor covering! Recommendations? in the Floor Advice - Flooring Forum area at TilersForums.com

O

owen_werakso

Hi this is my first post on here and am a landlord not a tradesman so laymen terms would be best.

A tenants property has a vinyl/lino covering on the floor that has had to be replaced 3 timed due to it continually raising from the floor in large bubbles. The only explanation I can think of is the under floor system (however this has not occurred in the bathroom where identical flooring has been laid)

Nether the less, I am looking for a permanent solution and wondering what would be a suitable covering. I have some excess wood laminate flooring left over from a different job and was wondering if this would be suitable? It’s about 15mm thick and obviously would not require any adhesive. Or would tiles be a better solution.

Thanks in advance
Photo 10-03-2013 13 30 51.jpgPhoto 10-03-2013 13 31 01.jpg

I

Ian

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Re: Underfloor heating had bubbled vinyl floor covering! Recommendatio

Is the vinyl stuck down all over, or just around the edges? Welcome along to TF.

O

owen_werakso

Cheers for the welcome.

It was stuck down all over but the scree/concrete below has started to laminate in places? its on the second floor and doesnt feel damp?

A

Ajax123

TF
Arms
Reactions
862 6

D you know what type of sub floor you have?

M

Mark S

Loads of questions to ask before I could recommend anything
How new is the screed/concrete?
if it is a screed, what type? ie gypsum based or a sand cement?
Did anyone test the floor for moisture before laying the vinyl?
How long has the vinyl been laid before bubbling?

gamma38

gamma38

TF
Reactions

Wood isn't the best to go over existing underfloor unless it was specified in the first place, it doesn't conduct the heat that well.

Reply to Underfloor heating had bubbled vinyl floor covering! Recommendations? in the Floor Advice - Flooring Forum area at TilersForums.com

New Threads (Sitewide)

Top Bottom

Use TilersForums.com to find Tiling Jobs or your Local Tilers for free. Get tiling tools at the best prices via the forum.