Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Under floor heating, Hardie vs Ditra in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

R

robbieraven

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi Guys,

Opinions please, upstairs bathroom, brand new 22m chipboard, new install. I have always gone with 6mm Hardie Glued and screwed, then cleaned up acrylic primed and wire layed on Hardie and taped down, then latex ed over with 2 Part SLC, then tile?

Customer/electrician has suggested Ditra then Wire then Tile, I always like to SLC my UFH wire/matt before tile. I can't see the logic in pouring leveling compound over Dita as surely you'll lose the whole purpose of the decoupling membrane?

Thoughts please not doubting myself just can't see the logic in his option?

Thanks

OP
F

Flintstone

illlf ditra is being used then should be on top of ufh and latex.
if floor is deflection free then thermal board, ufh, latex then tile would be my preference

if The customer wants to add uncoupling into the job then I would board with your hardie then fit a system like ditra heat, or vario pro, several others available. The wire goes into the mat then tile straight ontop

OP
H

hmtiling

if The customer wants to add uncoupling into the job then I would board with your hardie then fit a system like ditra heat, or vario pro, several others available. The wire goes into the mat then tile straight ontop
Would you think the decoupling properties of the thermal board not adequate and skip the insulation?

OP
F

Flintstone

Personally I’m happy to use hardie or insulation board over floor boards, both uncouple. I wouldn’t bother with an uncoupler ontop of those, but if the customer wants ditra, then ditra heat makes sense here

Reply to Under floor heating, Hardie vs Ditra in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
sj1709
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock