Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Unbiased Tilers Forums in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
I like this website. I hope it does very well. there is a gap in the 'tile forums' game for an unbiased view on tile, tile courses and tile tools and I think this site fit's the bill perfectly.

OP
S

Smiths

Admin said:
Thanks Dave, nice words. the others seem to be after selling you something or other you're right there. Feel free to register sometime :)
Yes, there is one in particular that is more of a selling forum than a tile forum.:mad: They know who they are...

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
We fear no other forums, we just want to ensure ours is the best and keeping all information unbiased allows the visitor to read real wanted information and not any sales pitch for tools, courses or advertising paths in the Sun lol.

OP
S

Smiths

Admin said:
We fear no other forums, we just want to ensure ours is the best and keeping all information unbiased allows the visitor to read real wanted information and not any sales pitch for tools, courses or advertising paths in the Sun lol.
:) :) :) That means I'm lol...

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Boom. Just found this thread from April 3rd 2006. This is thread number 37. So the 37th thread we had. The member posting it was a member of my tile forum that I launched before this, tileforums.com, when I worked for PITT, the training firm I started with Paul Riley back in t'day.

Wow I remember the buzz I had when I wrote in this thread. Was aching to change the way people got tile advice, and I think we did it. Took a fair few more people than me Smiths and Eastwood. But we did it I think. :)

Long live the forum. :D

OP
T

Time's Ran Out

Couldn’t agree more !
Great place and going from strength to strength.
‘tilersforums.com’ is the place to visit.

Reaction score
its a great forum for sure. Especially for us DIYers. I'm trying to think up other tile jobs i can do around the house, just so i can keep being a PITA :)

Would love to know how much diy heartache you've prevented over the years!! (and we are eternally gratefull)

judge

TF
Arms
Reaction score
You should be proud Dan,this is a fantastic site with great folk on here.I'm not a big time poster but I have been on here nearly every day(usually for a browse) since 2011 when I went into the tile business.I have learnt a huge amount on the tile trade off here and can't thank you and all the contributors enough for your time,experience and patience .I now have a very healthy business and have recently taken my oldest son on to show the ropes. ;)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for your kind words people. :)

Takes a fair few more heads to run it than it did back then.

Couldn't have done it without all the staff, former and present. Dave, Marc, Mark, Liz, Geoff, (setting myself up here to miss somebody aren't I lol?) John, eeeerm, Geoff. No said him. Neale!! Can't forget Neale. Doug of course (despite his recent dummy-spitting he still did good for the forum as a whole). There are a couple of dozen either staff, or top end 'Trusted Advisors' (not something we'd get away with now) that I'd have had as staff if we needed more, who really really helped the industry as a whole.

Whether setting up training days, guiding homeowners to get good advice on their jobs gone wrong and giving a tiler a chance to correct it before going court over it etc. And just making the odd tilers rubbish day a little bit lighter by providing a laugh when they get in.

Without any one individual one of those (and I have missed out loads I know I have) the forum wouldn't be what it is.

Even Dave Carr and his forum helped me step up a gear and sort ours out a few times.

And without us knocking TTA I don't think they'd be ranking today for their tilers, which is something I kept mentioning and I think they realised they needed to do it, I don't think they'd be as good as they are (still loads to go but they're getting there too).

So keep it up people. We answer to you guys. :)

Thanks to you all. Present and past.

Reply to Unbiased Tilers Forums in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock