Discuss Ultra Tile Backer Boards?? Similar to marmox in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Now back to bare house brick and they not level, tiling a bathroom, shower over bath, was planning on using Marmox boards 12.5mm but tiling centre said Ultra tile backer boards same principle but cheaper, and have them in stock,

Was planning on dot dabbing marmox boards with flexible cement adhesive, then having to fix when dry with screws and washers, Now tile shop said normal fixings of ultra boards is to fully apply adhesive to board , but with walls nit level the best option.

They also suggested going back to mosisture resistant plasterboard and tanking as weight allowed is 32kg. Tiles are 300x600 8.2mm

Marmox have to order from tile experience then factor in delivery costs and delivery tiles, want the job done correct so if better option will wait for goods.

Will tile backer boards be a quicker process than the plasterboard

Reaction score
Use plasterboard normal dot and dab method, no worries at all, buy a tanking kit for around the bath area if needs be, but bear in mind, new build houses pass all British standard without marmox/tanking system in shower areas!

Reaction score
Use plasterboard normal dot and dab method, no worries at all, buy a tanking kit for around the bath area if needs be, but bear in mind, new build houses pass all British standard without marmox/tanking system in shower areas!
decisions, I was going to give the ultra tile backer board a go can get them for £8 plus vat for 12mm size, now not sure if they up to same standard as marmox they say the waterproof but was going to tank around the bath, as bought the mapei stuff from wickeS for £43 already.

2 of the walls in bathroom are stud walls so be a easy fix to that

Im annoyed with a few tile shops in north east when asked about marmox 12.5 they said it only came in 12mm, but the price they where giving me was for ultra, only after I queried why marmox did they do that size they then said are this board is Called Ultra

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
decisions, I was going to give the ultra tile backer board a go can get them for £8 plus vat for 12mm size, now not sure if they up to same standard as marmox they say the waterproof but was going to tank around the bath, as bought the mapei stuff from wickeS for £43 already.

2 of the walls in bathroom are stud walls so be a easy fix to that

Im annoyed with a few tile shops in north east when asked about marmox 12.5 they said it only came in 12mm, but the price they where giving me was for ultra, only after I queried why marmox did they do that size they then said are this board is Called Ultra
Where in the northeast are you based.

Reaction score
Jacko boards from CTD on shields road are as good as marmox. 👍
Thanks Dave, see its only 2400 size in 12mm they do but its at least a week to get in, can these still be dot and dab then screws and washers, ultra boards still cheaper, but these seem like a more branded make.

Reaction score
Jacko boards from CTD on shields road are as good as marmox. 👍
thanks dave , only do the 12mm in 2400 size and have to wait a week before collecting, i presume you can still dot and dab and then screw boards, works out a little more for board but it seems like a well established board

Reply to Ultra Tile Backer Boards?? Similar to marmox in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks