Discuss UK-style showers have come to the US and Canada ! in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

R

Rob Z

A tile contractor friend started describing to me the other day how he was going to install a new shower product, which is available now at one of our local tile stores. After a minute or so, I thought "this sounds like the way the guys are doing this at Tilers Forum UK!"

Is this brand something that you guys recognize? Maybe it has been rebranded for sale here in North America.

It looks interesting, I hope to do one sometime soon. I wonder if the various plumbing codes are going to accept this, or if I will have any problems on my jobs that are permitted.

Wet Floor Shower System - Tuff-Form Pre Formed Floor

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Rob Z

The thing that I am having a hard time with is accepting that these formers can be installed straight over the joists, and that there is no mortar involved. I still haven't gotten to the point where I can use the Kerdi shower tray, set over the plywood subfloor!:lol:

This looks very interesting!

B

Brinkley

sorry rob i dont have any pics of this one bt what i can say is that these trays have thepredrilled holes around the edges but only drilled through half way i put a 1500mm x 800mm onto the joists making sure the joists were dead level these were milesout so i had to add noggins and ply ran thick beads of sticks like **** and screwed down to the perimeter joists easy system to install andvery sturdy

R

Rob Z

cheers Brinkley. Maybe someone will have some pics to share. The diagrams at the company website leave a bit to be desired! I'd like to know more before I price on of these things for installation. I'll have to stop by the store and check it out in person.

S

Stewart

will be talking to them when i start back Dave......... hows their website coming along?

D

DHTiling

It is just about there.. with sponsorship being so short notice , he had to get it online asap.. then he thought he would take more time and get it right straight away..

So he said it will be online next week ..

D

Daz

Rob,

This tray is the Tuff2dec which is very similar. I have to admit that the install pics are pretty rubbish but hopefully they give you some idea. I'll try and upload some "installed" pics tomorrow as well.

IMG_0122.jpg IMG_0115.jpg IMG_0120.jpg IMG_0121.jpg IMG_0118.jpg

R

Rob Z

Daz, thanks buddy, it's helpful to see pics of the tray on-site. I look forward to seeing any other pics you have. Our traps are different from what you have there in the UK. I'm curious to see what they did to adapt to our market.

Reply to UK-style showers have come to the US and Canada ! in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks