Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss UK Pro Tiling Training in the Tiling Courses - Tile Workshops area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

J

Julian Moore

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Im looking to do the pro tile course soon as the reviews speak for themselves. My main concern is once completed you have the skills how do you advertise yourself and get known and compete with established tilers in your area?

Albert

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Im looking to do the pro tile course soon as the reviews speak for themselves. My main concern is once completed you have the skills how do you advertise yourself and get known and compete with established tilers in your area?
You need to build a list of clients, please don't think you can do this
course and everything falls into place. It will take a lot of hard work
and dedication

S

Spare Tool

I did this course over ten years ago, was NETT then and Darren will give you all the information how to market yourself, its part of the course but as Albert says you really got to want this, it won't just fall into place without some serious hard grafting..

T

Time's Ran Out

From what I understand it’s a great course - one of the best around - but as @Albert its just a teaser into the trade.
It must be extremely difficult to get into tile on a commercial scale these days as apprenticeships are aimed at the younger people and site work needs so many qualifications ( which is a good thing).
There are tilers on this forum with good businesses who have no formal training and it’s not rocket science. However you have a moral obligation (IMHO) to be adequately trained before you charge the general public for work as a professional.
At the end of the day no 2 tilers are the same and if you have the interest , desire, and self confidence you can enjoy this trade for a long time.
Good luck and go UK PRO!

G

GoneGuy

On the course darren will go over everything to help you advertise yourself and some places to advertise etc

Leader

TF
Reaction score
Hi Julian
I have completed this course just very recently and Darren will explain everything you need to do in getting yourself advertised. For me i really want this and unless you put in 110% everyday you will get disheartened quite quickly. Darren teaches you everything you need to know.
Best advice i can give is take on the smaller jobs first to gain confidence you need self belief and to face your fear.
once you done that sign onto shuluter and impey for wet room courses and take a look at BAL as well.
if you need any help or reassurances seeing you are based in Northampton the same as me then message me on here and i will contact you.

Reaction score
Absolutely worth every penny, and in terms of knowledge and skill aquired on the full course, you will be fully equipped to start running your own business. I'm Spencer , and took the course in March this year. I am booked up until December 2017 and still taking calls and supplying quotes.

I researched other courses, and when it came down to it....I was prepared to travel for 6 hours to take on UK Pro tile Trainings full course.

These are a few jobs i've done recently below.
Believe me, you will be making money like never before. Message me if there's anything else you wish to know.

View attachment 94319 View attachment 94320 View attachment 94321 View attachment 94322 View attachment 94323 View attachment 94324 View attachment 94325
Hi,

So which course did you do
At UK PRO? I’m leaving the military after 23 years and looking at the 13 day course and to work self employed.

Thanks Az

Reply to UK Pro Tiling Training in the Tiling Courses - Tile Workshops area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
flooringdemand
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock