Discuss Uk Pro Tiling Training - Tiling Courses (formerly Nett) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

A

Andrew Case

I agree, as long as some allowance is made for older ones wanting to enter the trades. People have got to realise that people may want a career change in their later life, when they have responsibilities, and should not be penalised for their age and lack of circumstances allowing the traditional route of apprenticeship.
I think those that come on here saying that short courses can lead straight into pro work are as bad as those who blanket refuse to acknowledge short courses as a start.
Dan, you've hit the nail on the head and reiterated what i have said - courses give the basics and allow you to do the smaller jobs while building up speed, confidence and knowledge.
No one, young or old, new or experienced should cut corners for price - do a good job and get paid for doing so.

But i suppose there will always be those cowboys that do so. Personally, im just trying to not be one and do a professional job with the circumstances i have.
There are people on this forum, who are respected, do quality work, and started late in life with a short course..........it can be done. Support and help along the way is what is needed to those genuine ones who want to do a good job.
Those that dont will hopefully soon be weeded out by their manner and shoddy workmanship.

D

Dale44

Good luck Andrew, I hope it all works out for you. Doing other courses and offering other skills is a good way to go. Works for me fine. I did two years training to get C&G's level 2 plumbing qualification, and was amazed in what I gained from a two week tiling course and one week plastering course at nett.
Like you, I don't try to make out to people that I am some kind of master tiler, and have passed on work to time served people that I know. (and some times get smaller jobs or other kind of jobs put in my direction by them).
As long as you know your limits you should by fine.

Good luck again. :8:

Houston

TF
Arms
Reaction score
week 1

1 Health & Safety video
2 Drawings & setting out day
3 Substrates/prepwork
4 Adhesive & Grout Q&A
5 Ceramic Tiling
6 Mosaics
7 Porcelain

Houston

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Week 2

1 Natural Stone
2 Geometric
3 Grouting
4 Epoxy Grouting
5 Sand & Cement Walls
6 Sand & Cement Floors and vibration method
7 Tool and Certificate Day

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score
UK trades training re branding as UK Pro Tiling Training
We have been on a great journey over the last 10 years starting off with North East Tiling Training (NETT) then adding all the other trades on to the business therefore calling the company UK Trades Training but we are going back to our core business now and just concentrating on delivering quality Tiling Courses only again, so the new name for the business is UK Pro Tiling Training.
Thanks to all the past learners that have supported and trained with us over the years, hope you're all doing well
Regards
Darren

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score
We ran the multi skills for 5 years which worked well but it was a lot to manage, our 10000 square foot building was up for renewal so i have decided to go back to what we started with just myself doing the training instead of 10 staff to worry about and take life a bit easier without the stress
How is your tiling business Dave, still doing well
Darren

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
We ran the multi skills for 5 years which worked well but it was a lot to manage, our 10000 square foot building was up for renewal so i have decided to go back to what we started with just myself doing the training instead of 10 staff to worry about and take life a bit easier without the stress
How is your tiling business Dave, still doing well
Darren

Ye doing well mate , not getting any younger are we lol...

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score
Glad to here it
I think the domestic work should be getting better and better, time fly's, its nearly 10 years since i started on this forum and it has just disappeared looking back, as you get older you don't need the hassle, just an easy life, do some graft then come home and watch the telly.
Darren

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Glad to here it
I think the domestic work should be getting better and better, time fly's, its nearly 10 years since i started on this forum and it has just disappeared looking back, as you get older you don't need the hassle, just an easy life, do some graft then come home and watch the telly.
Darren
Pleased to hear from you pal. Hope you and tracey are well.

Let me know if you'd like your username changing.

Wishiwasatoptiler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
My Experience

UK Trades training. (AKA Darren & Tracy)

I took a gamble with my redundancy, I didn't get much, as you'd expect for working 15 years for the same firm (completely different industries), but decided to give the old plastering a go and completed the course with UK trade training, I learnt so much in that week, it was unbelievable, and after spending a little time practising on friends and family homes, I'm now a fully paid up, insured business, I have earned all the money I paid for the course and the equipment back and some, and so went back to do the tiling course, but this time knowing that there was no gamble with the money , and again learnt so much and a bit more (its a full on course), now after again practising on friends and family's bathrooms and kitchens and I'm now making a return on that investment. Albeit on a part time basis at the mo. Also even though Darren had taken some time out from the business he still responded to my email regarding course notes, so as promised on the course, the support after the course is definitely there. (top service)

Can't fault both the training contents, how the course is delivered and the great service from Tracy and Darren.
I wish them both well in the future.
Regards
D

Reply to Uk Pro Tiling Training - Tiling Courses (formerly Nett) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks