Discuss UFH - Porcelein tile & Schluter Ditra in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Dear all,

First time poster here and would like you r kind suggetion. I am getting a builder installing porcelein tile for me in the kitchen with underfloor heating. Unfortunately the tiler is out of country and not able to discuss with him the details. My electrician recommended that i need to get insulation boards for electric mats. However my builder recoemmended me to have a look at Schluter heating system as its a much simpler and all-in one system. I am confused.

Details of Project:

21 Sqm of kicthen floor.
16 Sqm of free area where i am planning to put UFH.
8 Sqm of hallway tiling without UFH
10mm Porcelein - 60x60 size.

Questions:

1. I am told to buy Schluter Ditra matting by the tiler. - Can i mix Schluter Ditra Duo max for kitchen heating and Ditra matting 25 for hallway.
2. Will there be height difference in flor if i use 2 different matting. Can i use Ditra duo without UFH for hallway. Is it recommended.
3. Can i use different heating cable for use on Ditra heat duo matting.
4. Can i use heating mats on Ditra Matting 25. If so will i still need to install insulation boards below ditra matting 25 to prevent heat wastage.

Many Thanks

Reply to UFH - Porcelein tile & Schluter Ditra in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks