Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss UFH over existing quarry tiles in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi Guys,

A customer is enquiring about UFH mat under porcelain tiles but there is already well fixed quarry tiles down. He is keen to keep the floor as low as possible but I think removing the quarry tiles would be a nightmare.
Do I need to lay an insulation mat below or could I go straight over with the mat, then self level and tile?
Half the floor is a fairly new extension so will be well insulated, there is no way of knowing what the other half is like.

Cheers in advance...

J

J Sid

I would have them up and insulation board.
If you decide to go over the quarry tiles I'd would definitely put two mats down and two stats for the two areas.

Uheat - Jake

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Reaction score
As Julian has said, your best method would be to remove the tiles and then use an insulation board. If you can't then use two seperate controllers with two floor sensors installed, as the heat up times will be very different.

Reply to UFH over existing quarry tiles in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
BIG_AL
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock