Discuss UFH - Can thick loose wire cable be trimmed? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

R

ragged13

Hi guys! Im trying to finish UFH in my toilet, but met two problems.

Obviously I cannot shortened loose wire, thats clear. But what about loose wire beggining? Its thick and I have probably at least 1.5m longer wire than it suppouse to be( 1.5m from the gang).

The same problem is with the probe, but I think that it's not a problem to cut it.

Am I right?

I'm waiting for your tips!

Thanks in advance

Lucas

T

tynesidetilers

yeah mate cut them both no bother. Its just standard cable as long as you arent cutting the actual mat you got no worries

R

ragged13

One more question? Can I have two loose wires in the same 10mm conduit?
Brown in the gang => Loose wire fixing => Blue wire through the same conduit?

Thin heating wires don't touch each other, only thick one.

Regards

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
If they are the cold tails that should be fine. Though just to be sure (and to make sure you're not doing something that would void the warranty) check with the manufacturer of the UFH.

Reply to UFH - Can thick loose wire cable be trimmed? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks