Discuss Two New Awesome Member Tags Available To Gain!!!!!!! WHHHAaaattttt? in the Suggestion Box area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, you heard right.

If I've done this correctly they will work. If I haven't, I'll keep trying until they do, but perhaps not tonight now. I've had a long day.

So. Remember that 'Top Contributor' tag that would automatically give you a tag if you posted X amount of posts in Y days. Usually set around 20 posts in 10 days or something like that.

Well, I can't quite create that specific setup yet. But I've managed to figure out a way to reward posters of good content automatically. So a bit like with that one, I'll need to play around with the ratio to try and get it so that it's rare enough to feel nice and release positive endorphins, but not that easy to get that the buzz doesn't last long.

Think of it as forum smack.

SO. This forum smack works like this. You know those likes you've been getting for years, and they've been building up on THIS page. They give you a positive reaction score. So a like, a heart face or a laughing face are all positive. (And the other three are neutral. No negative on this one I'm afraid peeps I'm trying to keep it happy.)

Well that gives you a reaction ratio. So if you have 10 messages with 5 reactions, you get a score of 0.5
If you have 5 messages and 10 likes/reactions - you would have a score of 2.0

If you have 100 messages and only a mere 10 positive reactions, you would have a low score of 0.1

You still following?

Well now there are TWO new tags you can gain:-
  • The first is for ALL members of the forum - And you need a minimum of 250 messages with a ratio of 1.0 - so that's 250 messages with 250 likes (or positive reactions). Or 300 with 300 likes. 400 with 400 likes. Etc.
  • The second one is for people who are NOT Trusted Advisors - and those will need a high ratio with a high amount of posts - and could actually be the new way that Trusted Advisor names are put into a hat perhaps. Because automatically, they're obviously getting a lot of content liked per amount of content they're posting.
You like?

Now I'll leave the names and colours of the badges / tags out of this for now and we'll see if and when they pop up. Again I'll need to do some testing for a week or so to get the ratio right. And I know this sounds a bit funky, especially for a Friday night. But once it's setup well, it'll knock the socks off of the simple Top Contributor fix which just wasn't cutting the mustard for the hardened TilersForums.com-head.

So if you see some good content - react to it. And if you post some good content, it'll get reacted to. And eventually, perhaps even give you a tag or two :ring::fire::fire::fire::gradcap::gradcap::gradcap::eyeglasses::eyeglasses::eyeglasses::eyeglasses::eyeglasses:

:microphone::arrowheaddown:

Upvote 0

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Just found a member with one of the new tags already!

@JulianSidney - Says he doesn't want get hooked right now though. I've ran a search. Only 4 users have the tag he has so far!

<note-to-self>*must listen to @JulianSidney more<note-to-self>

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Steady on now. Don't want to be just dishing out my stuff for nowt lol - Turns out it's really bloody rare!!!

Lou

Admin
Staff member
Esteemed
Reaction score
That's what she said ha.
The race is on!

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
We're miles away from it babe. I'm afraid we're out of the race before the gates opened.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Holy **** he has both!

Well humans perhaps wouldn't have noticed your effort mate. But the system certainly bloody does!

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
The old welcome forum stopped working well. Nobody was encouraged to post well in there. This new setup should help that.

There's also a notice in that forum for the newbies about to post their first post. If you click back a level into the forum category, you'll find that thread.

Cheers.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay so that was all done whilst I'm still in my boxers lol I haven't even switched the telly on yet!

Everybody who should have the Admired Member tag has got it back, Trusted Advisors can get that one.

And everybody who should have the Esteemed Member tag has got it.

The system will automatically update every couple of hours like the old Top Contributor tag. But it seems until you post something, you don't go in the queue to get changed. So last night only @Tony_C has the esteemed tag. But looking through the system there's a couple of others who should have had it too. But they just hadn't posted to the forum yet so the system didn't put them in the queue.

One of those members is @Boggs - He has 1,391 posts and has a reactions core of 2,714. So even if I set the ratio at 1:2 he would have it still. Nice posting @Boggs.

I know this is more detail than most need to have. And it's confusing for many it seems. But just post naturally, and if you post decent content you'll naturally get the tag.

Avoid short posts just agreeing with somebody, as those posts don't usually get much reaction. So it effectively knocks your ratio down.

Anyway, that was certainly fun. I'm going to make a coffee. :D

Reply to Two New Awesome Member Tags Available To Gain!!!!!!! WHHHAaaattttt? in the Suggestion Box area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks