Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Tuscan Levelling System in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
We've been using TLS all week on a floor and walls, and I'm pleased to report that after I have pulled multiple tiles to check for coverage (after I had tightened the straps), the coverage was excellent and I didn't detect any indication that the ratcheting action of the gun had pulled the tile away from the thinset and left voids.

I'm slowly coming around from my initial skepticism of TLS, about which I was somewhat vocal about calling "bullsh*t" over at another forum several years ago when TLS debuted. TLS has also changed their sales pitch a bit and emphasize that the substrate has to be ready for tile and the tile setter has to know what he is doing (ie: TLS doesn't turn a novice into a master tile setter).

I'm paying about $0.30 per strap, and if I'm doing the math correctly, that is about 0.20 GBP each.

There's no question that it's improving speed for me, and yielding good results on reducing lippage. Probably the best thing is that it's reducing the amount of time fiddling around to get a tile set properly and flush with the adjacent tile, and then it's letting me to "set it and forget it", with the confidence that things are good to go and I can move on.

There are some definate irksome problems with the TLS, which I'll go over it anyone is interested. I have to get up early tomorrow for work, so I'll sign off now.

OP
R

Rob Z

:yikes:700 GBP!:yikes:

Here, they sell everything "a-la-carte", and in varying quatities.

They are also selling the lower cost strap tightener (about $100). It's fine for smaller jobs, but for a larger job I'm glad that I have the more $$$ one.

Andy Tiler

TF
Arms
Reaction score
:yikes:700 GBP!:yikes:

Here, they sell everything "a-la-carte", and in varying quatities.

They are also selling the lower cost strap tightener (about $100). It's fine for smaller jobs, but for a larger job I'm glad that I have the more $$$ one.
yes:yikes: rob hence why im using the lash system i,ll put up with the sore fingers for now,maybe if i get a bigish job on i might take the plunge.it wouldn,t be so bad if i knew someone else who uses them i could go half on the straps n caps,they only sell large box quantities.:thumbsdown:

Reply to Tuscan Levelling System in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock