Discuss Trusted Advisors Forum Removed (Tag Remains) in the Suggestion Box area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
The legendary Trusted Advisors Forum has been removed. The tag still remains and those members who have the tag now, and get the tag in the future, should have their advice trusted. Just the actual forum category that was hidden for 95% of the forum and seldom got used has been removed. Moderators can still obtain content from it should anybody wish to grab anything out of there. But the category wont be coming back for the time being.

We did this on our electrical forum and it improved the atmosphere somewhat, not sure we had the same cliques going on here thankfully. As I said, it wasn't getting used much, everybody posts in The Arms or Cafe del Tiles here rather than in the TA Forum.

Just thought I'd let you lot know.

Upvote 0
D

Dumbo

Just one thing when new trusted advisor status was discused between trusted advisors this was done on that forum , do you have any plans to make a space for that.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
We can either make a group message or chat in the arms perhaps. To be recognised by peers can be done publicly even. We tend to know who's gonna get the badge once they've posted 100 or so times I guess?

D

Dumbo

I think it needs to be done behind closed doors as some people may say things about other members that may not be appreciated in an open and frank discussion and that can't take place in an open forum , oh and guys don't think I've forgotten who you are.

T

Time's Ran Out

@Dan - sometimes I think you are trying to emulate Mike Ashley (FCB) at Newcastle United in doing everything you can to upset the fans and yes we Trusted ARE fans of this forum.
Yes there has been limited use of the TA forum section I’d agree but it has been integral in keeping things running smoothly without any clique element at all. There will be a lot of animosity and regulatory action required to limit the confrontation that will occur without it. Already I see your posts being put into open forums as directives rather than in a discussion forum and that’s your choice, however on a regular use basis it often feels more supportive to be included in the running of OUR forum.
John

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
For the dozen people in it we can start a group PM to be fair. I don't think we've added a TA in the last 12 months have we? I really can't see the need to scroll past it dozens of times a day for the incredibly small amount it gets used. IMO anyway.

W

WetSaw

I only ever saw it when there were new posts, not dozens of times a day, because I only ever look at new posts. I'm sure I've not been a TA for over a year and I'm sure others got the badge after me.

T

Time's Ran Out

Yes I think I’ve nominated the last 4-5 members and nothing in the last 6 months as it was becoming a bit green! I even thought of suggesting a cull of some of the non participating greens to keep it fresh.
However as this is now in open forums I will not be putting anyone forward for it to become like those other pages on FB that encourages personal attacks and language that I don’t even hear on the building sites I frequent.
For me that section should have remained as without it we risk a total lack of quality members being able to grow this forum.

I

Italy

Yes I think I’ve nominated the last 4-5 members and nothing in the last 6 months as it was becoming a bit green! I even thought of suggesting a cull of some of the non participating greens to keep it fresh.
However as this is now in open forums I will not be putting anyone forward for it to become like those other pages on FB that encourages personal attacks and language that I don’t even hear on the building sites I frequent.
For me that section should have remained as without it we risk a total lack of quality members being able to grow this forum.
agree.
dan also took away the agree button.......puff

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
The trusted Advisors badge will always stay the forum needs that. Everybody can still nominate a member. And we can start a group for discussion. So nothing has changed really.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Don't think we need use this thread to discuss actual selections I'll clear this up.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh oh - what's this?

Something going on here.

Reply to Trusted Advisors Forum Removed (Tag Remains) in the Suggestion Box area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks