Discuss Trowel size for wall and floor in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Izzybet

TF
Reaction score
I have a 9mm x300mmx600mm porcelain tile to fit on the bathroom walls with Norcros standard set porcelain adhesive. I have purchased a trowel with round notches which I think/hope is the right one. Please let me know if I will be ok or should I get one with square notches?
I will also be using it to fit 330mmx660mm floor tiles.

D

Dougs Third Go

I'd go for an 8mm square notch for the walls and a 10mm (radius) round notch for your floor, you'll also need to back skim the tiles with the flat blade of the trowel too.

D

Dougs Third Go

Doug, can you acheive good coverage with an 8mm trowel on that size tile ?
yes mate as long as walls are flat, if not could always go up to a 10mm. OP could use his solid bed trowel but I find they can be a bit messy on walls.

D

Dougs Third Go

yes mate as long as walls are flat, if not could always go up to a 10mm. OP could use his solid bed trowel but I find they can be a bit messy on walls.
oops, got me thinking so I just checked in my trowel bucket and picked up the trowel I would use,,,a 10mm square notch, my mistake.

Izzybet

TF
Reaction score
oops, got me thinking so I just checked in my trowel bucket and picked up the trowel I would use,,,a 10mm square notch, my mistake.
Thanks. I will get a 10mm trowel to be on the safe side.
Is the solid bed towel the one with the round notch? To use on the floor.

Reply to Trowel size for wall and floor in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks