Discuss Trowel size for 10mm thick stone mosaic in the DIY Tiling Forum | How to tile area at TilersForums.com

R

risotto

-
What member type are you?
DIY Wall and Floor Tiler
Have a question that's been driving me crazy looking tirelessly online without any solution.

Basically, I'm laying 10mm thick stone mosaics over a wetroom floor. The drain is fixed into the tray so there is no depth adjustment there to align with the tiles. So I need a total height of 14-15mm to match the fixed drain height, so was hoping that using 10mm mosaics would allow me to only use 4mm of adhesive bed.

The problem though, which trowel do I use to guarantee 4mm of bed once the mosaic sheets are pushed into the adhesive? Everywhere I've searched they generally always recommend a 3-4mm notched trowel for mosaics but there's nothing specific to my situation where I need a little more to increase the height.

Any ideas would greatly help

R

risotto

-
DIY Wall and Floor Tiler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hi , what size are the mosaics.?
Hi, the mosaics are small hexagonal, about 25 x 25mm on a 290 x 285mm sheet

Dave

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
2,159 1
What type of wet tray do you have ? , most advise against using small mosaics due to point loading.

R

risotto

-
DIY Wall and Floor Tiler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Reply to Trowel size for 10mm thick stone mosaic in the DIY Tiling Forum | How to tile area at TilersForums.com

New Threads (Sitewide)

Top Bottom

Use TilersForums.com to find Tiling Jobs or your Local Tilers for free. Get tiling tools at the best prices via the forum.