Discuss Trowel size advice in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Forgive me if I’m not posting this in the correct place I’m tiling my kitchen 4x3 with Porcelain tiles 600x300 I’m going to putting down Mapai ultraplan screed onto concrete tile giant have advised to use Mapei Keraquick (fast set) just unsure on the size trowel to use Any advice wud be helpful

P

Perfect Tiling

If you haven't done much tiling before this you might be better using a standard set...or a fast set with a longer open time. With fast set you have more chance of lippage (tiles different heights) as the adhesive is getting thicker all the time in the bucket. If you don't need to walk on the floor straight away you don't really need fast set.

Reaction score
If you haven't done much tiling before this you might be better using a standard set...or a fast set with a longer open time. With fast set you have more chance of lippage (tiles different heights) as the adhesive is getting thicker all the time in the bucket. If you don't need to walk on the floor straight away you don't really need fast set.
Thanks for ur help I have allready purchased now unfortunately

Reaction score
having what u said I’m thinking of swapping the adhesive to the keraflex maxi is states 24 hours to grount which I can live with but also states 14 days in fitting The kitchen on day 3 do u think that will be a problem

Reply to Trowel size advice in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks