Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Trims round splayed window reveals. in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Boggs

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Bathroom I am on has splayed window reveals, what trims do you guys tend to use on these?
FB6E0398-521D-4188-A650-0C69F40A0778.jpeg

I was thinking this Schlüter Finec angled but not sure.

F7FFA664-D62C-49D1-9E41-474A797A4192.png

Unfortunately mitring is well out of the question, Laura Ashley BCT jobs.

Reaction score
I don’t think he means straighten up the window I think he means put the trim behind the facing tiles instead of the reveals, that way the trim sits square and reveal can be packed slightly to accommodate

B

Bill

I don’t think he means straighten up the window I think he means put the trim behind the facing tiles instead of the reveals, that way the trim sits square and reveal can be packed slightly to accommodate

I don't mean that at all.......

OP
Boggs

Boggs

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, but customer will not have them squared up, it’s a period property and have already tried to convince them.

I will see what I can work out.

Cheers

D

Dumbo

As @Tom Astley fly the tiles slightly past the reveals enough that you can put the trim on square/parralel to facing tile then just run the reveal tile into the trim . It's not hard and it's not squaring up the window .

OP
Boggs

Boggs

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Me thinks I was over thinking it.

F

Flintstone

And here's one i did earlier..
With a box trim but same principle applies for a L shape trim. Tile the face as normal and cut some of the trim backing off, or as Tom said bring the sides over enough to allow the trim to fit but then you have to really build out the reveals.
Screenshot_20190524_143822.jpg

Reply to Trims round splayed window reveals. in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
sj1709
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock