Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Tons Of Tiles in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

T

tommy1712

Please checkout the following advertisement.
evening, what's people's thoughts of tiles from tons of tiles or tile mountain? Quality, uniform size, edges ect? I normally only get from tops

OP
T

Time's Ran Out

Never bought from any of them in 40 odd years.
These places tend to be retail and you should try and put your business towards a good trade supplier like CTD.
Even if the tiles are discounted it's usually from a high retail starting price and the ancillary products are always expensive.
Tile quality is often an excuse for poor installation but if it's what the customer wants ...... If you don't like them don't fix them because then it's your fault!

OP
T

tommy1712

Tiles from b&q, wickes ect all seem to have different edges so you are constantly fighting to keep it straight and there 300-600 are always warped imo

OP
J

J Sid

Push the customer to a better tile outlet, the will save a fortune and live you for it ;)

OP
T

tommy1712

Lol I hate tile at the best of times so when there is poor quality tiles it makes my feelings towards it even worse lol tbh I would rather just do the plumbing side and let someone else do the tiles.

jobdone

TF
Reaction score
I once felt the same way so I teamed up with a tiler. I now tile more than ever but with greater knowledge ( from here) and much better preparation of substrates the tile is much easier.
The biggest thing I have learnt is to walk away if the customer won't do it right.

OP
T

Time's Ran Out

This is the best job in the world!
If every tile was perfect we wouldn't be needed.
Almost a different project daily and creating something that will be admired for years to come.
In my experience if a tile is cheap they won't pay a decent rate for fixing.
A warped tile can still be used, but not in a design they may have originally wanted.
As earlier mentioned tile quality becomes an issue if you use it.
Enjoy.

Reply to Tons Of Tiles in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
chris14498
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock