Discuss Tomecanic Supercoup Manual cutter in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

G

Gall.B

First thing your drawn to when unwrapping is the snapping mechanisim all shiny lots of bolts and nuts very shiny and menacing looking, good weight in the machine too about the 20kg mark, on closer inspection a couple of things let the machine down, Paint quality could be better (does flake off) measuring barr is woefull, cheap plastic not doesnt swivel like other machines in its class or price bracket, the protective strips on the bottom aint very good either and smack of cheapness. The sprung beds are excellent apart from the rubber glued to them which does begin to curl up.

Negatives aside this is pretty damn close in many respects to my dream cutter, having deflected Sigma (13 years loyalty) it does out punch it many departments, those ball bearings in that cutting head as it glides along the rails are so damn sweet and certainly make a diffrence, the Supercoup really does take the hard work out of snapping hard porcs honestly minimal effort & no fiddiling around with nuts to increase tension etc it just gets on with it with no fuss, but anything below 35mm is to small for the big clamp so you need to use the small breaker (not moveable) does take time to get the hang of it and I have so no problem there.

This has become my full time day to day cutter (750mm & 900mm) and imho the good points do easily the bad points. I did contact Tomecanic about the bad points also gave them my positive feedback and asked if any design changes where imminent or the my greivences would be ironed out in future models. Give them there due I recived a swift and honest response there wont be any changes in the next 6 months anyway and they hope to have more of a presence in the UK in future. Could imagine the lack of back up being a stumbling block for some folk ie lack of technical support, stockists or English speaking website.

Conclusion I would definetly recomend this cutter and wouldnt go back to Sigma as great as they are, does need the box to protect that cutting head and inferior paint. So Tomecanic get yer finger out and spend some dosh on development and right the wrongs and bring the rest of the machine up to the standard of the tecnology in that cutting head.

Hope this helps, anything else please ask as im sure ive left plenty out.

Brian

G

Gall.B

Honesty is the best policy :smilewinkgrin:

Dont mean to come accross as negative but when your paying top dollar these little things are a let down, as I say wouldnt be with out it now, supposse its like owning a high peformance car from the Italians they excell themselves in the most important deparments and then dumbfound you in other ways. then you use it and it puts a big smile on your face.

G

Gall.B

Now wheres the photos ? Good review :thumbsup:
10122011756.jpg

900mm all nice and shiny, will upload some pics of the 750mm thats seen a lot of action soon.

P

paul flight

i would not use any other cutter . the good out plays the bad bits had two now for 20 years . look after them and will last a life time ..:thumbsup:

G

Gall.B

Do you own an off licence as well..:lol:

I wish that was the Crimbo beer for clients etc & for folk coming to the house over the holidays, belive it or not I dont drink Beer, Whiskey only :smilewinkgrin: ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.

Mr Flight totaly agree wouldnt use any other machine either :thumbsup:

P

Perry

I have three old electric cutters from Tomecanic been great cutters over the years still use them more than my dewalt when using tiles

Reply to Tomecanic Supercoup Manual cutter in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks