Discuss Time to retire my Big Clinker in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Yes you heard right, for 7 years I've been using a Big Clinker on all my bathroom jobs and I'm sick of it now.

I have a Rubi pocket 40 for Metros and the like and I'm looking to renew them both for possibly Sigma and a mini Sigma.

Any recommendadtions? I dont do any super large format and would be happy to get a 600/700mm size.

F

Flintstone

Sigma 3c3m - 72cm max handle, is what I used to replace my rubi 600 and I love it
Just replaced the rubi ts40 with a sigma 3g3m

L

LM

Yes you heard right, for 7 years I've been using a Big Clinker on all my bathroom jobs and I'm sick of it now.

I have a Rubi pocket 40 for Metros and the like and I'm looking to renew them both for possibly Sigma and a mini Sigma.

Any recommendadtions? I dont do any super large format and would be happy to get a 600/700mm size.

Get on to Sam @Pro Tiler Tools Bob and he'll sort you out with one of these. This machine will handle anything you throw at it with ease.

Sigma 3C3M MAX Professional Tile Cutter 72cm | Buy Sigma Series 3 MAX Tile Cutters Online from Pro Tiler Tools - http://www.*******************/sigma-series-3-max-tile-cutters/35125/sigma-3c3m-max-professional-tile-cutter-72cm

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Thanks guys, yes I think I'll get that one. The different should be night and day from the big clinker. Not that it doesnt cut but I get a few breakages and I have to allow a 1mm differnt when marking out.

F

Flintstone

A massive advantage using a rubi as well as its cutting ability is the measuring bar imo, once you know how it relates to your tape measure, mine is pretty much exact, then you won't need to mark tiles

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I was testing out my new sigma in the garage tonight for half an hour and it takes some getting used to. I'm not getting clean cuts like my big clinker, I need to watch some videos on how to set them up.

One thing ive noticed if anything the less pressure I score with the cleaner the cut.

The big clinker has had 6 years abuse on the same wheel and still gives nice cuts, what am I doing wrong?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Pressure for sure. Let the new sharp wheel do the cutting not you scoring it with an old wheel that's probably just flat and needs pressure to score.

That said I've used neither. But a cutter with a new wheel won't need much pressure at all and you've said yourself it's cleaner.

Try scoring with just the weight of the handle and you just push it along. You might not even see a score line but i bet it still snaps bang on and if it does will be as clean as a factory cut.

S

Stef

The instructions aren't great to follow on the Sigma.
Once you get the hang of it you will be flying, very little pressure needed & hold the handle closer to the front at the bend as I find it cuts better there.

Reply to Time to retire my Big Clinker in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks