Discuss tilling onto wood in shower room in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
hi, im looking to put right a mistake that was made previously in a shower room. i have a 1400 shower tray in a room that is 1480 wide, so at the end of the shower there was a gap that had been filled in with ply and then tiled over, this failed and i have taken the tiles off. my question is how should i prepare the ply to re cover? the shower tray can not be moved, its fitted well and tiled all round and i cant build a false wall at the end of the tray as to do so i would have to re tile the entire room as the tiles are no longer available. at the moment the two options sem to be to treat the wood with something that will be completely water proof and then re tile, or to cover with 95mm upvc architrave, but once again what to protect the wood with. any help and advice would be welcome

Attachments

• shower tray end.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 14
Reaction score
uPVC is the way to go.

Wood will be very difficult to waterproof effectively. Over time it will move as it absorbs moisture and then cracks will develop.

Reply to tilling onto wood in shower room in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks