Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Tiling work in spain in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

N

Neil Cashmore

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi,
Thinking of moving out to Spain, would appreciate any input on ways to get work out there......

Cranbrook

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I'm also interested to know.. as we approach this part of the year, it's my annual 'I'm moving to Spain' season

OP
W

WetSaw

"Just" tile may be difficult. The only tilers I know of mainly work for a high end building company. You'll need to be in an area with a lot of expats and then a more affluent area will generally generate more work. I've been here 10 years now and have a steady stream of work from regular customers, but then I do everything from reading dictionaries to unblocking drains to fixing Jesus.. 1536569022819.jpg

OP
D

Dumbo

Which part are you in mate?
I had a mate working in Spain years ago and he was having to screed and tile for 20 euros a metre when we were getting ÂŁ20 A metre for straightforward tile . Also the quality of tiles was rubbish as they exported all the decent stuff .

OP
W

WetSaw

I had a mate working in Spain years ago and he was having to screed and tile for 20 euros a metre when we were getting ÂŁ20 A metre for straightforward tile . Also the quality of tiles was rubbish as they exported all the decent stuff .

There's a lot of locals working for €80 a day..

OP
W

WetSaw

..and don't forget as Autonomo (self-employed) you have to be IVA (VAT) registered and your social security payment is currently €300.77 pm.

OP
W

WetSaw

One good thing to come from the "Crash" of 2008 is that is sorted the wheat from the chaff and the vast majority of the get rich quick types have gone.

Button

TF
Reaction score
Hi,
Thinking of moving out to Spain, would appreciate any input on ways to get work out there......
Depends where you go, up north there’s plenty of work at the moment but you will need to speak fluent Spanish and be able to tile an average of 25-30m2 a day at least.

Button

TF
Reaction score
Bout 5.50 a meter now just tile, been here 19 years and not seen 20euros for screed and tile since 2003-2004

Reply to Tiling work in spain in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
flooringdemand
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock