Discuss Tiling Wetroom on Tileback board in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

andy72

-
Reaction score
Hi

I'm attempting my second tiling DIY tiling job and could do with some tips and ideas as this will be on tilback board. (Still some taping to finish off).

I have 3 types of tiles (All with a grey'ish colour)
90 x 90 porcelain for floor
60 x 30 porcelain for vertical wall
30 x 30 mosiac for pitched roof

First question is where do i start tiling. floor, wall or pitched roof?

I thought about starting on the wall just below the pitch (near velux) and using a chrome trim to create a board (vote if you think this is a good or bad idea).
If i start at that point do i need a batton to hold the tiles so it wont slip down? (whole flooring is slightly pitched to allow water run to drain) so not convinced i should start from floor up.

See picture of the room.

Thanks in advance for advice.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 3.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 2.JPG
    14 KB · Views: 11
  • 1.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 11

Reply to Tiling Wetroom on Tileback board in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alex Carr
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks