Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Tiling wall after removing skirting board in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi, I am having my en-suite half tiled and the floor is already tiled so we are just adding xtra tile to the walls. When we removed the skirting board there seems to be a gap (aprox.2.5cm-3cm) between the floor and the wall.

The tiler told us the best option would be to re-tile the floor and then do the walls bcos of the gap. Tiler also mentioned caulk/grout won’t be strong enough to hold the tiles on the wall and better if floor & wall tiles were flushed together.

Would really like to avoid re-doing the flooring or even adding plasterboard! Is there any other options to sort this please?

Reaction score
hi, what is the wall construction? it would not be much work to either 1. screw a batten to the wall and add a thin strip of tile backer board, or, if masonry wall, dot and dab a thin strip of tile backer board to bring level with existing wall then tile the whole lot?

Reply to Tiling wall after removing skirting board in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock