Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Tiling screened in porch on concrete in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

A

Alexander Dobert

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hello!

A question about prepping a concrete slab to apply tile. Looking at the picture (sorry, for some reason I can't seem to have it properly rotated), there are thin expansion joints that were put in when the concrete was poured. Do I need to fill those in before tile or will the thin set be enough? If I should fill in, would you recommend just using a self leveling concrete on the whole slab of just filling in the joints with patching concrete?

Thanks,

Alex
IMG_13312.jpg

OP
S

Spare Tool

Strange...actually looks already tiled, is it pattern imprinted concrete then, wouldn't think they were expansion joints tbh just decorative lines, prime it and self level it and think for what it is uncouple (ditra/ Ci mat) before tiles..

OP
A

Alexander Dobert

Good point, they definitely could be decorative. I would imagine expansion joints would go edge to edge.

Reply to Tiling screened in porch on concrete in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock