Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Tiling Rates Per Square Meter / Per Day – How much do tilers charge? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

United Kingdom
D

Dumbo

Please checkout the following advertisement.
If I'm on a job for six hours what am I meant to do for the next two ,
Also I come out to take a look at the work= time , prepare a quote = time , go and pick up materials to do the work =time .
But hey ripped you of a days money for 6hrs
[automerge]1574360825[/automerge]
Tuscany?! you peasant... 😂
It's all I could afford without selling my chalet in verbier .

Boggs

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
And normally at 7pm because your not back from work until then...

D

Deleted member 53336

May I suggest you spend it wisely, for instance, imparting your knowledge on those that need help with their projects because they are too tight to pay for it to be done by one of us rip of tradesmen.

Anyway I’m off for a swim in my pool, followed by a drive in the Lambo. 😂
Not too tight to pay, just not willing to pay over the odds for work that in some cases I can do better myself. Another thing, when I started out in engineering if we worked 4,6 or 8 hours that's what we charged the customer. In fact sometimes we would do a little more than we charged to help customers out. Information was always given freely to people we could help and sometimes, just to give a bit back for our good lifestyles, we would help others actually with work, if we had free time, no charge. People now are just too ungrateful full stop.
What made our country strong was helping others out if we could, not screwing them over, which is pretty much standard nowadays. I served my time training properly for years and having pride in my work and gratitude, not just to earn as much as I can by any means. It's because of this take, take as much as I can mentality of people today, why our society is falling apart. Should not of read about prices on here. Rant over.
[automerge]1574368079[/automerge]
If I'm on a job for six hours what am I meant to do for the next two ,
Not charge the customer for it, that's for sure. It's called a little give and take. Not take, take. Just take some time and think about it, you are ripping the customer off, full stop.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Dumbo

Not too tight to pay, just not willing to pay over the odds for work that in some cases I can do better myself. Another thing, when I started out in engineering if we worked 4,6 or 8 hours that's what we charged the customer. In fact sometimes we would do a little more than we charged to help customers out. Information was always given freely to people we could help and sometimes, just to give a bit back for our good lifestyles, we would help others actually with work, if we had free time, no charge. People now are just too ungrateful full stop.
What made our country strong was helping others out if we could, not screwing them over, which is pretty much standard nowadays. I served my time training properly for years and having pride in my work and gratitude, not just to earn as much as I can by any means. It's because of this take, take as much as I can mentality of people today, why our society is falling apart. Should not of read about prices on here. Rant over.

Not charge the customer for it, that's for sure. It's called a little give and take. Not take, take. Just take some time and think about it, you are ripping the customer off, full stop.
Understand this I send all my customers a written they know exactly what they are paying for and have the chance to say no , I do not stand over my customer and give them a price and ask with menace when they would like me to start the work, so how is that ripping anybody off .

Tony_C

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
@OnThe Up I'm curious to know if your free advice and helpful nature was happening after you had finished your days work and spent another couple hours having sat in traffic to do a quote that you provide for free with free advice, getting home at 8pm, using your own fuel, out on the road for which you also pay business insurance for, a higher rate of tax having the van, liability insurance and no paid holidays/sick days. Or was it done from the comfort of an office where you still got paid by the company you worked for regardless if the remaining hours were being billed directly to who the firm you were doing contract work for?

I'd also like to point out the person you said is ripping people off is the person that gave you his advice. For free.

Reaction score
You are either the slowest tiler on earth or you are earning a absulute fortune.
Ive no idea where you are, but you chargethem prices in lancashire, you will be sat at home playing doctors and nurses with your wife or husband
It's called custom work, see the last 5 pictures. Some of you might say you buy these products in store and just install them . Not quite accurate. I carefully design them, fabricate and install them myself. A lot of work. To deliver this kind of job takes time. Do not confuse a McDonalds job with custom work. See the first picture, I get hired to fix these kind of jobs and sure the hell I fix them. More pictures on my website.

Attachments

• P1120012.JPG
    P1120012.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 78
  • Porcelain.jpg
    Porcelain.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 78
  • Porcelain shower shelf.jpg
    Porcelain shower shelf.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 76
  • Walk-in shower.jpg
    Walk-in shower.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 78
  • Access Panel 3.jpg
    Access Panel 3.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 79
  • Access Panel.jpg
    Access Panel.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
D

Dumbo

I had to wait for some levelling to dry today I suppose I needed to clock of for that as well

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
It's called custom work, see the last 5 pictures. Some of you might say you buy these products in store and just install them . Not quite accurate. I carefully design them, fabricate and install them myself. A lot of work. To deliver this kind of job takes time. Do not confuse a McDonalds job with custom work. See the first picture, I get hired to fix these kind of jobs and sure the hell I fix them. More pictures on my website.
Right, so basically, you ain’t charging normal m2 work , you are charging for bespoke jobs, so basically your whole input is kind a waste of me typing, thanks for that, you owe me £30

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Sorry mr big time? This is a m2 price thread,you are quoting billy big ballsack £m2 rates when it’s not straight forward tile.
And it’s a open thread you daft old sod

Reaction score
Sorry mr big time? This is a m2 price thread,you are quoting billy big ballsack £m2 rates when it’s not straight forward tile.
And it’s a open thread you daft old sod
You are dead wrong buddy. Read the second post. It clearly states prices per m2 plus additional prices for the custom work. Don't just pick on me for no reason just because you cannot deliver a top notch job. I m in London, price speaking, that s the real price for professional jobs. Reason why I don't live in Lancashire damn it!

Last edited:

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
You are dead wrong buddy. Read the second post. It clearly states prices per m2 plus additional prices for the custom work. Don't just pick on me for no reason just because you cannot deliver a top notch job. I m in London, price speaking, that s the real price for professional jobs. Reason why I don't live in Lancashire damn it!
Ah bless, it’s superman, your right , I cannot in no way deliver a top notch jjob like you sweetheart, I’m only a poor northerner , and your a septic living in the big smoke.
It’s no wonder no one comes on here anymore with massive billy big ballsacks like you and a few others on .And trust me, mitres and bullnose are not really bespoke,as everyone and his sister in law does it, I was being nice , it’s really easy work with the right tools .
Good day my elitist spermstain, I may come back on in a month or two to see your brilliant comeback.Carry on the bespoke work.

Reaction score
Ah bless, it’s superman, your right , I cannot in no way deliver a top notch jjob like you sweetheart, I’m only a poor northerner , and your a septic living in the big smoke.
It’s no wonder no one comes on here anymore with massive billy big ballsacks like you and a few others on .And trust me, mitres and bullnose are not really bespoke,as everyone and his sister in law does it, I was being nice , it’s really easy work with the right tools .
Good day my elitist spermstain, I may come back on in a month or two to see your brilliant comeback.Carry on the bespoke work.
Show us what you can do and we call it even. However, you should not be talking about bullnose if you never done it yourself to see how easy is to fabricate anything let alone porcelain. Do not talk please!

Last edited:

Reply to Tiling Rates Per Square Meter / Per Day – How much do tilers charge? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
BIG_AL
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock