Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Tiling Rates Per Square Meter / Per Day – How much do tilers charge? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

United Kingdom
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
This is my price list, based in jersey, channel island.

Attachments

• PRICEGUIDE Q3.pdf
    106.8 KB · Views: 85
Reaction score
This has all got to be based regionally...however I don't think for one minute someones getting away with charging 40-£50pm all day every day, that's going on £200k a year...lets be realistic eh :tearsofjoy:

Based on 10-20m a day, which is being realistic, we must have some millionaires on here then..
I agree with your comment 100% if people can charge this for the odd job then fair play but day to day works working for a subbie nowhere near these prices.
Certainly not many tilers out there pricing up work in their Ferrari’s that’s for sure

D

Dumbo

Site work is a completely different animal to domestic .
On site work how often do spend time putting down dust sheets every morning and lifting them up every night . Getting materials on the way to your job .
I did a bathroom the other month , skilling ceilings , not large tiles but there was only one whole tile on the job .
How often do you cut a tile , lay a tile and then cut a tile because that's the end of the run .
I've done site work, tile a whole bathroom in a day , i can't manage that in someone's house . That's why I charge more than site rates day in day out but I don't drive a Ferrari because it ain't site work .
[automerge]1570718609[/automerge]
Oh and I have been to a house that was tiled by site workers . It had failed 1000 x 500 and the reason it had failed bad https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ application and no back buttering , because of the rates they were on they wouldn't of had time to back butter
[automerge]1570718772[/automerge]
And to be honest I would be happy to throw 600x600 on a floor in a large building at the rates you site workers work for because I would probably drive a better car and van than I do now

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Stone £110 per m2 installation, plus bullnose fabrication, plus materials
Ceramics £80 per m2, plus materials
Prep work, waterproofing, Dittra matting etc. extra charges
I would say, you gotta know the trade from head to toe to get these prices. Loads of tilers out there claim to be the best but cannot deliver a top notch job
I have been in business for about 22 years now, whenever the customer ask me why I charge so much as on MyBuilder website claims the average national price is £20 to£40 per m2, I tell them ******* to have them deliver my jobs, won't happen

Take a look at these pictures below, it took me two months to deliver this bathroom, all by myself. From taking the entire bathroom apart to joist, floor, walls , waterproofing, limestone installation and fabrication.

I hope this helps the forum
More pictures on my website

www.customtilemarblegranite.com

P1000148.JPG

P1000133.JPG

P1000125.JPG

P1000127.JPG

P1000056.JPG

P1000053.JPG

P1000058.JPG

P1000048.JPG

P1000047.JPG

P1000181.JPG

P1000190.JPG

P1000188.JPG

Last edited:
D

Dumbo

Stone £110 per m2 installation, plus bullnose fabrication, plus materials
Ceramics £80 per m2, plus materials
Prep work, waterproofing, Dittra matting etc. extra charges
I would say, you gotta know the trade from head to toe to get these prices. Loads of tilers out there claim to be the best but cannot deliver a top notch job
I have been in business for about 22 years now, whenever the customer ask me why I charge so much as on MyBuilder website claims the average national price is £20 to£40 per m2, I tell them ******* to have them deliver my jobs, won't happen

Take a look at these pictures below, it took me two months to deliver this bathroom, all by myself. From taking the entire bathroom apart to joist, floor, walls , waterproofing, limestone installation and fabrication.

Those of you who talk prices here pls post some pictures of your work so we can see what you can deliver and tell us why you charge so cheap?

I hope this helps the forum
More pictures on my website

www.customtilemarblegranite.com

View attachment 110367

View attachment 110368

View attachment 110369

View attachment 110370

View attachment 110371

View attachment 110372

View attachment 110373

View attachment 110374

View attachment 110375

View attachment 110377

View attachment 110378

View attachment 110379
Sorry to raise clips .
But Its like the I don't use clips brigade .
Let's see your videos of sliding a 2 pound coin over the floor

OP
Dan

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello, anyone in here doing work on McDonalds refurbs/new build? What are the going prices ?
We can't really discuss pricing for individual jobs like that there are often too many variables.

Also, we wouldn't want customers assuming that's the going rate. McDs are going to pay about the least I'd have thought.

Boggs

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
I’d definitely do it for a Big Tasty.

With bacon...

U

Unused Account 1

Ironically I've had a couple of issues today. I've had steady work from a company in York for the last 6 years. Solid, decent work. I charged them £30/m and £150/day for prep work etc. They also provide materials. On the cheaper side for York but it was steady work and paid every Monday. Had a fall out couple of weeks back so I'm back pricing jobs. I lost 3 bathrooms this morning due to somebody being cheaper. And the job I've been doing the last couple of weeks (for a plumber/friend I know) he thought I was expensive. I charged him £25/m and £125/day. It was an 80m floor (1200 x 600) plus a couple of days prep. Hand sanded the floor, 2 coats of Primer, layed durabase. He expected £25/m for everything!!
He'll be getting to see this thread tomorrow
They all try it on mate

Reply to Tiling Rates Per Square Meter / Per Day – How much do tilers charge? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock