Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Tiling Rates Per Square Meter / Per Day – How much do tilers charge? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

United Kingdom
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Do you know many people in the Kitchen and Bathroom Industry?
£250 per day plus money made on materials you spend a lot of time specifying isn’t anything out of the ordinary in the south. It’s all relative anyway. My mortgage is ridiculous.

F

Flintstone

If some one is supplying bathrooms and or kitchens it is very feasible that they could earn a lot.

D

Dumbo

I don't follow your logic though . If went around spending a whole day getting ready for job then went and did the job in a day and charged £400 . You would say I earn't £400 pound a day whereas I would say I earn't £200 a day

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
If some one is supplying bathrooms and or kitchens it is very feasible that they could earn a lot.
No #### Sherlock, but are we earning £3/4/500 a day every day , or averaging around £200 a day in reality .
I was earning a lot more than 3/400 a day the other momth or so, but in reality , over the year I’m averaging around £200 a day ish .
But I suppose, if I like bigging my *** up, I could say “ yeah i earn between £400 or £500 a day” which is around 100 grand a year with 6 weeks holiday thrown in ;)
But I’m not, as I like 12 weeks holiday a year

Reaction score
I don't follow your logic though . If went around spending a whole day getting ready for job then went and did the job in a day and charged £400 . You would say I earn't £400 pound a day whereas I would say I earn't £200 a day

It wouldn’t be like that though. It would be more like ‘I spent a day organising a job that will be taking me three weeks to complete’
I partly agree with Widler but not spread out over the whole year, it’s more spread out over a whole career. Going through two recessions I earned very little, sat at home sometimes earning nothing. Now that the times are good, I want to earn as much as I can. I spend more time pricing work and putting higher prices in to get the better, more profitable jobs. There is lots of work out there. There might not be next year. Maybe the guys who are charging a more modest amount might have plenty of work next year when I’m sat doing nothing or scraping by on low day rate.

J

Just Rizzle

That's very cheap Ray, what do you do about washing and drying times before sealing? What sealer do you use on the damp stone?
we washed and sealed as we removed them from the crates and layed them was very warm and windy were we were working on the pennines at bows moor. used lithothin stain stop 2 coats and finished with a satin ion wax solution after we grouted in bal pebble.
we some times rapid dry stone using a plumbers blow torch if needed and plenty of micro fiber cloths

OP
Dan

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Let's try and be nice people. We're not trying to grill each other in this thread, are we?

Be civil please.

Nobody needs to reveal their earnings, or how their business operates, or whether they're VAT registered, or how much they pay 'our lad', or whatever.

I'm just generalising in asking the forum - so that potential customers can see what prices should be in the real world.

Please please try and not end up arguing with somebody else online, on a forum, about tiles, and get yourself worked up about it. It's not worth it.

Work tomorrow and all tha'. :)

J

Just Rizzle

See at m rate it sounds cheap as chips but at day rate its £50 an hour which is pretty good, especially if your paying lad a tenner ;)
a number of years ago did a bathroom on a price which he agreed started on the monday finished on wednesday 3 days did 38 mtrs 600x300 charged him£1100 it took me 26hrs which he said was a better rate /hr than he was on i replied to him i did it on a rate of £30 /mtr and hrly rates are irrelevant as the price was agreed in writing and i only stated the start date and that i would be finished BY the end of the week and not that it would take me a week..
[automerge]1567369557[/automerge]
if you think tile is profitable i make more supplying and laying Karndean lvt
[automerge]1567369738[/automerge]
See at m rate it sounds cheap as chips but at day rate its £50 an hour which is pretty good, especially if your paying lad a tenner ;)
if you read my post thats 50; hr EACH:)

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Just Rizzle

IFyou look at my photo on the left its a job we did about 12 yrs ago as the main feature in a stately home in the dales its an ellipse circle 7mtrs x 5mtrs gray granite with a black granite border layed on a heated floor on a ditra matt decoupling matt stain stop sealer by lithothin with tilemaster adhesives .
each tile was precision cut curve and would only fit in one place .it was basically a colour by numbers as each tile had a number or letter. we fitted it for 20% of the cost of the tiles. the tiles cost 18k plus vat we made
£3600 and did it in a week

Tony_C

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
That wasn't directed at just one person. Plenty of boasting around.

Nothing wrong with being proud of a job of course, that's why we have the threads for posting the picture of those jobs in but it's never signed off with how much you made from it though. The work is what you should be proud off showing online, not telling us the amount you made, isn't that what that Facebook group is for?

The thread was for discussing rates for the public to judge costs in their area, it's a bit different to just randomly state a job you done and that you made x amount from it. If anything isn't what i'm pointing out more for keeping the thread on track @Dan ?

OP
Dan

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
That wasn't directed at just one person. Plenty of boasting around.

Nothing wrong with being proud of a job of course, that's why we have the threads for posting the picture of those jobs in but it's never signed off with how much you made from it though. The work is what you should be proud off showing online, not telling us the amount you made, isn't that what that Facebook group is for?

The thread was for discussing rates for the public to judge costs in their area, it's a bit different to just randomly state a job you done and that you made x amount from it. If anything isn't what i'm pointing out more for keeping the thread on track @Dan ?
Spot on mate. Couldnt have said it better myself.

I think we have a really good guage now so I'm going to close off this thread. If people want to post their lovely work, make a new thread or upload an album to the media area. But don't mention prices for jobs etc. That's not done in any other public area.

Thanks for your replies people. I'll try an average those out somehow and blog about it as soon as I have some time.

You can show customers the official unofficial pricing guide then perhaps to stop them trying to knock you down etc. Not sure. Left with you. Defo blogging about this though it has been an interesting read.

Reply to Tiling Rates Per Square Meter / Per Day – How much do tilers charge? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock