Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Tiling Rates Per Square Meter / Per Day – How much do tilers charge? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

United Kingdom
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
When installing larger tiles where nearly every tile is a cut, with rectified edges, metal trim etc it's got to be a day rate.
£200.00 per day minimum. Plus materials.
It's a skilled job getting more technical so this has to be reflected in the cost.
[automerge]1567241065[/automerge]

J

Just Rizzle

just done a job 110 mtrs flat floor using easy flex bone limestone 900 x600x 18mm started at 9.00 finished at 3..30 half hour for lunch me and my son/ bus partner 5 days in total so 60 hrs invoiced for £2850, labour only client supplied all materials so rate of £26/mtr orapprox £13/ tile
[automerge]1567244535[/automerge]
what sizeis the herring bone
just did one we charged 40/ mtr sq but was 450 x 80 x15 limestone

Last edited by a moderator:
J

J Sid

That's very cheap Ray, what do you do about washing and drying times before sealing? What sealer do you use on the damp stone?

Reaction score
One big issue nationwide, is social media. Customers post a job with, for example, pictures of a kitchen splash. They will say something like "its 4 metres of tile, looking for quotes". They are then inundated with replies and all of a sudden it becomes a Dutch Auction. After a while somebody says he will do it for £80. Obviously his work is going to be poor, but the people following the thread now think a kitchen splash is worth £80!
I am in Somerset and charge £37-£50 per metre or £220 per day. I wont let the customer knock me down a penny. Recently priced for a bathroom refit. After receiving my quote, the customer mailed me asking how we can knock £2000 off. He was trying to knock me down! I replied by saying "Don't install the shower". That will save £2000 (it was high end kit).
Lol... Not what he wanted to hear!

S

Spare Tool

just done a job 110 mtrs flat floor using easy flex bone limestone 900 x600x 18mm started at 9.00 finished at 3..30 half hour for lunch me and my son/ bus partner 5 days in total so 60 hrs invoiced for £2850, labour only client supplied all materials so rate of £26/mtr orapprox £13/ tile
[automerge]1567244535[/automerge]
what sizeis the herring bone
just did one we charged 40/ mtr sq but was 450 x 80 x15 limestone
See at m rate it sounds cheap as chips but at day rate its £50 an hour which is pretty good, especially if your paying lad a tenner ;)

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Price work is calculated at £250 per day for tile. Same as the other trades I do. I supply materials on every job though so if you take into account the money made on the materials, the average day rate is between £300 to £350. tile takes up about half of my time on any job.
Not bad that, your average is around 90 grand a year, have you included VAT on your prices or do you add on
[automerge]1567272803[/automerge]
Still love a good price thread me m,some need to remember some of us know maths ;) i earn between £100 a week to £2000 a week, and earn around 40 grand a year, but some earn £300/350 a day every day :) .
Edit: swearing removed!!! Public thread people.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Not bad that, your average is around 90 grand a year, have you included VAT on your prices or do you add on
[automerge]1567272803[/automerge]
Still love a good price thread me m,some need to remember some of us know maths ;) i earn between £100 a week to £2000 a week, and earn around 40 grand a year, but some earn £300/350 a day every day :) .
F uck off and tell the truth you moronic d icks

How did you get to £90k per year?
£300 to £350 per day is correct.
[automerge]1567284042[/automerge]
I’m not sure how many people on here work all day every day but I certainly don’t. You’re assuming I work 52 weeks a year at £350 per day which I don’t. I probably work 40 weeks per year absolute maximum. The day rate is correct though.

Last edited:
Reaction score
If I was earning exactly what my maximum day rate is every single one of the 40 weeks per year I worked and had absolutely no overheads In my business at all then it would be a healthy income wouldn’t it? One thing to also consider is out of the days I’m not actually on the tools, I’m doing other things involved in the business. I’m not sure how long some of you spend doing quotes but I spend a long time putting out complete costings and often visiting customers three or four times for one job so it’s not all it’s cracked up to be. Still, that’s the day rate. £250 flat rate, plus money made on materials.

D

Dumbo

If I was earning exactly what my maximum day rate is every single one of the 40 weeks per year I worked and had absolutely no overheads In my business at all then it would be a healthy income wouldn’t it? One thing to also consider is out of the days I’m not actually on the tools, I’m doing other things involved in the business. I’m not sure how long some of you spend doing quotes but I spend a long time putting out complete costings and often visiting customers three or four times for one job so it’s not all it’s cracked up to be. Still, that’s the day rate. £250 flat rate, plus money made on materials.
Why are visiting customers three or four times, I go once 99.9% of the time . Get it sorted in one visit
Quote visit time average 1/2 an hour

Reaction score
I do complete Bathrooms and Kitchens. It might sounds sad :oops: but I bring over Colour boards to show what the customers wall tiles, feature wall, flooring, worktop etc look like together. Also arranging Photo-realistic images. It all takes time. 4 visits is on the high side, usually two or three.
[automerge]1567286613[/automerge]
Also guaranteeing what I’m installing isn’t without its faults. A tap packs up after a year, I’m going over to sort it out free of charge.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I do complete Bathrooms and Kitchens. It might sounds sad :oops: but I bring over Colour boards to show what the customers wall tiles, feature wall, flooring, worktop etc look like together. Also arranging Photo-realistic images. It all takes time. 4 visits is on the high side, usually two or three.
[automerge]1567286613[/automerge]
Also guaranteeing what I’m installing isn’t without its faults. A tap packs up after a year, I’m going over to sort it out free of charge.

Where in the country are you ? Even at £350 a day @£350 your turnover is at the least £70 grand, and your over heads shouldn’t be massive if you are a sole trader , unless you have premises and employees , vans etc .
So let’s say £60 grand a year profit , that’s a hell of a wage for a sole trader .
Not many on here , or in the trade I know earn over 60 grand a year , and I know a lotta lotta people in the trade
[automerge]1567326884[/automerge]
Anyway, off to spend some of my money , bye

Reply to Tiling Rates Per Square Meter / Per Day – How much do tilers charge? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock